Dining booked!!!

trixie21

Original Poster
OK....so I have finally booked my dining for Sept. I couldn't get Le Cellier...too bad but hey - I live in Canada - how different can it be there right?

Here is what I have....
We arrive on Monday so no table service
Tuesday - Magic Kingdom Plaza for lunch
Wednesday - Epcot San Angel dinner
Thursday - Chef Mickey breakfast
Friday - California Grill

How did I do????
We have 2 adults and 2 munchkins (5 & 7)
It's just horrible booking restaurants this far in advance....gets me more excited just to wait :(

wdwfan100

OK....so I have finally booked my dining for Sept. I couldn't get Le Cellier...too bad but hey - I live in Canada - how different can it be there right?

Here is what I have....
We arrive on Monday so no table service
Tuesday - Magic Kingdom Plaza for lunch
Wednesday - Epcot San Angel dinner
Thursday - Chef Mickey breakfast
Friday - California Grill

How did I do????
We have 2 adults and 2 munchkins (5 & 7)
It's just horrible booking restaurants this far in advance....gets me more excited just to wait :(

You did awesome. Interestingly, I could not get Le Cellier either. We are going the first week in Oct. though. Very popular place.

PoohBear119

OMG! I loved them both... I really liked being on the monorail line... sometimes the buses got a little nutty, but they were great places to stay...

trixie21

Original Poster
OMG! I loved them both... I really liked being on the monorail line... sometimes the buses got a little nutty, but they were great places to stay...

A long time ago (aging myself) I camped with my parents in Disney and we used to swim at Poly. My parents would sit at the pool bar and I'd move from the pool to the beach. Loved it! Now I hear you can't use other facilities :mad:

When you come in the Contemp on the monorail - I was pretty envious - it seems so glamorous. One day maybe!

fraser182

Fantasmic Premium Member
We have done the same. Going on our honeymoon in July so tried to make ot extra special. We are going to the following using DDP....

San Angel Inn Restaurante
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
Cinderella Royal Table :king:
California Grill
Teppan Edo- Japan

We also have our mickey and minnie groom and bride ears to wear in the park (probably moreso at night) :D

PoohBear119

Hubby and I are going in Aug. for our anniversary... here are our bookings:

California Grill
Victoria and Albert's (anniversary dinner)
Rose and Crown
Le Celier (for lunch)
Brown Derby
Yak and Yeti

I love food!

DisneyGigi

Le Cellier was the only ADR that we could not get last year in September This year we did get it but we called very close to the 180 mark to get it. It will be our first time eating there so I am very excited!
Sounds like you did really well though, Hope you have a great trip!

MattyFresh

I like your ADRs, the only one that I would not recommend would be San Angel. Went last Oct and after years of wanting to eat there because it looked and smelt sooooo good, I was really disappointed. There are other restaurants in Epcot that I would rather think about or try to get ADRs.

But I seem to be in the minority about San Angel, maybe I just had a bad experience out of many good ones :shrug:

trixie21

Original Poster
We have done the same. Going on our honeymoon in July so tried to make ot extra special. We are going to the following using DDP....

San Angel Inn Restaurante
The Hollywood Brown Derby
Tony’s Town Square Restaurant
Cinderella Royal Table :king:
California Grill
Teppan Edo- Japan

We also have our mickey and minnie groom and bride ears to wear in the park (probably moreso at night) :D
Sounds great!! I was tempted to do Cinderella Royal Table as I have a mini princess but decided only 1 character meal.
Have a magical honeymoon!

phlydude

We booked the free dining promo when it was only available to Disney Visa members and had a hard time getting Le Cellier for dinner on the last date we were looking to book (Monday 9/15) - we went late lunch instead

My experience with the free dining promo is that if you didn't book early and you didn't make your ADRs on the same day you booked, you might not have much success in getting the more popular places.

Plus, I find that the later into the promo you are, the more crowded it becomes as people try to overlap the Food and Wine Festival and put some space between their vacation and labor day

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom