Dining advice

diz4ever

Original Poster
We are going to be down for Thanksgiving week for 8 days, any sugestions on dining, i have to make my adr's on 5/21 and can't make up my mind, there are so many options.:shrug:

LuLaSue

I love the idea of Liberty Tree Tavern on Thanksgiving. The location, the food has America written all over it!

OswaldTheRabbit

I second liberty tree for thanksgiving but I bet it books fast! I would try to book thforay 180 days out. Are you wanting other suggestions too or just for Turkey day? Mickeys Christmas party is going on at that time..... It was great when we went a couple of years ago. For us it is a must!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I never eat at Liberty Tree any more. I've been several times and had horrible service all but once. The food is TV-Dinner quality at best.

IMO the restaurant has no redeeming qualities.

LuLaSue

I never eat at Liberty Tree any more. I've been several times and had horrible service all but once. The food is TV-Dinner quality at best.

IMO the restaurant has no redeeming qualities.

Funny you say this because our family felt exactly the same way! We gave it another try last visit and the service was very good, the food was a B. They gave one of the better vegetarian options.

The atmosphere is ideal for the holiday without a doubt. :wave:

OswaldTheRabbit

That is funny.... Our service has always been good there. I will say it is the lesser of the evils for dining. My kids really like it but my husband and I just "sort of" like it. magic Kingdon just needs some major dining help! I wish they still had all the characters there! That made it completely worth it!

phlydude

I have a few must-do's:

Crystal Palace - who doesn't want to eat with Pooh and Friends? we opt for breakfast and pay out of pocket for breakfast - doesn't make sense to use a sit-down credit on the meal plan if you aren't on the uber deluxe plan

Kona Cafe - breakfast - Tonga Toast or Macadamia Nut pineapple pancakes rock - this is also out of pocket since the cost is $15 per person max

Ohana - I would recommend this for T-Giving dinner - fun experience and all you can eat

LeCellier - if you can get it and want to spend the 2 credits for dinner, well worth while - otherwise, get it for late lunch and enjoy a more limited menu for 1 meal credit

Restaurant Marrakesh - take a look at the menu and see - not for everyone but it is a good meal with great service, a fun show (belly dancer) and the mint tea is awesome!

Teppan Edo - hibachi style cooking - fun to watch the chef perform (some people feel it is the same routine at every place but go into it with a fun attitude)

These are just some of my favorites...look at the menus on AllEarsNet.com to see what might appeal to you and your family.

MVP Heather

Liberty tree has been a family favorite of ours, but that was because many of our memories included their character dining which is long gone. If you have meat and potato type family members, no problems. We have always went with a large group and had few complaints about the food or the service.

Other days... Sanaa at Animal Kingdom's Kidani Village, Ohana's at the Polynesian, Cape May at Beach Club, Chef Mickey's at Contemporary, Teppan Edo or Via Napoli at Epcot, Whispering Canyon at the Wilderness Lodge.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom