Difference Between Pop & AoA Standard Rooms

Raineman

Original Poster
My DW, DD and I stayed at Pop in March. It was OK, no big complaints, but the room felt a bit cheap and maybe not as clean as it should be. The Little Mermaid standard rooms at AoA are the same size and layout as the rooms at Pop, but are they better quality? We stayed at a suite at AoA in 2014 with other family members, and I the love the resort overall, especially Landscape Of Flavors. If we can get a good room at AoA, that would be optimal for us, because we are also considering a standard room at a Moderate, which would be at least $50 per night more than the standard room at AoA.

Weather_Lady

It would help if you defined what you mean by "feeling cheap" as opposed to "quality" -- when you say quality, do you mean, things working properly, or not being visibly worn, or having a more classy decor, or more amenities overall?

One thing I would take note of with the Little Mermaid rooms, which you might be able to improve upon at some of the moderates -- they're an 8-10 minute walk from the main building/pool/bus stop. My sister and her family have stayed in the Little Mermaid section of AoA before and really enjoyed it, but found that the walk to the bus, which was an amiable pleasure in the morning, seemed an endless torture at night, when heading back to the room with two half-asleep children. (It wasn't a deal-breaker, though: they loved the Little Mermaid rooms so much that they stayed there again the next time they visited.)

disneyfirstLJ

Here are a few photos of the AoA LM Room
Room 1.jpg
Room 2.jpg
Room 3.jpg
Room 6.jpg
Room1.JPG
Room2.JPG

I found the rooms to be clean and comfortable.

JoMarch

The "Little Mermaid" rooms and section at AOA is charming - but the distance from the bus stops, food, etc is AWFUL.

I don't think I would ever stay there again....but only because of the walk. The theming is great!

daisyduckie

I have found a value room is a value room. The only thing different is the theme.

But I'm wondering what you mean in that the Pop felt cheap. Was it the size? The look of it? Did you have a room that was a bit worn? What exactly felt cheap? Not being clean enough is an easy fix, all you need to do is hit the housekeeping button on the phone and tell them it isn't up to snuff. But what is cheap?

LongLiveTheKing

I have found a value room is a value room. The only thing different is the theme.

But I'm wondering what you mean in that the Pop felt cheap. Was it the size? The look of it? Did you have a room that was a bit worn? What exactly felt cheap? Not being clean enough is an easy fix, all you need to do is hit the housekeeping button on the phone and tell them it isn't up to snuff. But what is cheap?
I've never stayed at WDW but I'm assuming they're referring to the quality of the furnature. Maybe it felt flimsy or something. I don't think Disney spends as much on the furnature at a value as a moderate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom