Did the Bullet Train pass?

trdisneyfan

Original Poster
Did the Bullet Train thing pass? Was it on the ballot in FL yesterday? I heard it was a confusing yes-if-no, no-if-yes style question.

MissM

In a perfect world, that tax money would go for something useful. But this isn't a perfect world and I can utterly and completely assure you it won't. It won't make anything - not one microscopic thing - better in Florida. Nothing. It sickens me that the vast majority wanted the train and they sat for FOUR YEARS and did nothing. Then they had the nerve to put another vote out there saying, Yeah I know you said you wanted it and I know by LAW we were supposed to have done something about a year ago and I know that we just stalled like kids trying to stay up past their bedtime, but you didn't really mean it when you said you wanted it right? It's insultive. If they can just sit on the results and wait four years for this, then what next? Next time when we say we want something passed maybe it won't be a bullet train. Maybe it will be a civil liberty.

It's a disgusting turn of events. In an election full of digusting turn of events.
-m

PS: Yes, the way it was worded was horribly misleading. It wasn't Do you still want the high speed rail? which would have been an easy yes or no. It instead was Do you want to repeal the high speed rail? which can easily be misread.

Shaman

MissM said:
PS: Yes, the way it was worded was horribly misleading. It wasn't Do you still want the high speed rail? which would have been an easy yes or no. It instead was Do you want to repeal the high speed rail? which can easily be misread.
I'm sure that was a mistake on their part. :brick:

I think the train would have been real good for the state...but alas things didn't work out...

Well I guess Universal and Disney have one less thing to bicker about...:lol:

:(

maxime29

Premium Member
I don't even remember seeing anything about the bullet train on my absentee ballot....

Did you look on the back?

I'm not a Floridian citizen, but I read somewhere that if you were against the amendment you voted yes, and you vote no for approval of funding. Kinda weird wording if you ask me.

PhotoDave219

maxime29 said:
Did you look on the back?

I'm not a Floridian citizen, but I read somewhere that if you were against the amendment you voted yes, and you vote no for approval of funding. Kinda weird wording if you ask me.
It was one of the constitutuional amendments. #2 i think. The ballott was 2 pages in orange county. It sucked.

speck76

Yeah....2 pages front and back

The question was worded "Do you want to repeal funding for...."

I think the bullet train was a bad idea, I dont think we should just keep adding more and more lanes to I-4, but lets at least get it up to a decent level before we start new projects. Parts of I-4 are no wider than when it was built in the late 60's....when the Tampa-Orlando area had less than 500,000 ppl.....compared to the 4-5 million that now live here.

aimster

Front and back?

Here in Tampa we had touch-screen voting.

And I voted against the bullet train. I just never liked the idea of it. It would've probably meant a massive overhaul of I-4, which is already under a ton of construction because the train would've run along the middle median between Tampa and Orlando.

corran horn

NemoRocks78 said:
I had wanted it....too bad it was repealed. :(

It just didn't belong in the constitituion either way. Results:

Amendment - 6 Repeal High Speed Rail - 7103 of 7241 Precincts Reporting
Name Votes Pct
Yes 4,375,255 63.60
No 2,504,040 36.40

minnie76

Building the bullet train right now does not make sense to me. I can not see people getting on the bullet train and going to Orlando or Tampa and then what, get in a cab to go where they want to go in that city? I think we need to focus on building/improving mass transit inside our cities before we try to connect them.

Zipadeedoodah

TravisMT81 said:
it was very confusing, the whole ballot was.

I agree with you. I had trouble comprehending most of the amendments, and English was always my best subject! And I think it really sucks that they tricked the Florida residents to repeal the bullet train. I, for one, was really looking forward to the train. I had to re-read that amendment a few times to be sure that I was voting the right way on it. As I was reading it, I knew that people would get confused and probably vote "yes" by mistake. Oh well...what can ya do now?

Zip :p

winterparkbaby

I do not feel it was written to trick people. the train would have cost billions of dollars. when it was put to the people before it was not made clear the sheer cost of having the train.

That admendment was confusing.
It was something like this.
This admentdment will repeal the admendment on having the high speed rail in Florida. :confused:
Ggggrrrrrrrrrr.

Blue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom