DHS New Attraction coming this summer! - The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow

lobelia

For my sensory experience, I would like to re-enact the scene in which he is stuck on an isolated island beach with a stash of rum.

There seems to be alot of pessimism about this.. but I for one am excited. Its filling a space that was previously empty with a wildly popular movie, and the description seems as though it should be a nice addition to the studios.

devoy1701

There seems to be alot of pessimism about this.. but I for one am excited. Its filling a space that was previously empty with a wildly popular movie, and the description seems as though it should be a nice addition to the studios.

go figure...I'm partially optimistic on this one and everyone else is going "meh...whatev...probably ain't gonna be that cool"

:rolleyes:

mouseology

Does anyone know how it would fit into the Hollywood Studios theme? It sounds like it would be a perfect addition to Adventureland (everyone wants to meet Jack), but I'm not sure about HS being the right fit.

It seems like they're constantly trying to push their over-exploited properties (Cars, Princesses, Jack) without regard to the theme of the surrounding.

But I'll have to wait and see. I love the environments in POTC and they would make a great theme park experience if done right!

the-reason14

Does anyone know how it would fit into the Hollywood Studios theme? It sounds like it would be a perfect addition to Adventureland (everyone wants to meet Jack), but I'm not sure about HS being the right fit.

It seems like they're constantly trying to push their over-exploited properties (Cars, Princesses, Jack) without regard to the theme of the surrounding.

But I'll have to wait and see. I love the environments in POTC and they would make a great theme park experience if done right!

I think it will fit, just like Narnia and whatever the hell else was there before it. It'll fit because it's a movie I guess. But I do wonder why they waited so long, but I guess something is better then nothing. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

stitch2008

Well, not necessarily. How long has Narnia been closed? It's also possible that sets and FX have been worked on off-site and all they need to do is install.

I guess in sum, this sounds like it could be cool. We're going to have to wait and see, since it's such a vague and open-ended announcement. Well, we know the building isn't going to move, and it's not a roller coaster.

This! It may not be a huge E Ticket, but it sounds neat and defiantly worth a good look.

You'd be suprised how many sets and FX stuff is done well before a park announces an attraction. Usually, parks want to get as much done before construction starts as they can. And for the most part, attractions never begin the building phase when an announcement is made. Usually a lot of work is done before being announced(or even given the go ahead in some cases). For example, there was a lot of physical set and show piece construction for Empire of Penguins at SeaWorld before it was announced.

It's very possible all the sets and effects and everything is ready to install and most of the time between now and opening is for test and adjust.

My guess is that they will do something similar to their Haunted Mansion set. They will show you the magic of the movies to transport you from a lifeless set to the Black Pearl/whatever other set they choose to build. The building itself isn't huge, so it will be interesting to see if they are really going to give us a new experience or the same experience in a new form.

Either way, it will add something new in the back of the park to disperse the crowds a little. If it's great, then we can cheer that they are least promoting one of their own properties in a former empty space. If it is bad, then the lines on the other attractions will still be slightly shorter. Win-Win, no? :)

Mini_Mickey

I can't help but feel that HS seems to get the rough end of additions in some cases. Is it just me or is a new massive attraction needed there? I keep seeing/hearing these rumours of a new monsters dark ride and it makes my mouth water.. Why not invest some money in this rather than pirates?

I can't help but feel that HS seems to get the rough end of additions in some cases. Is it just me or is a new massive attraction needed there? I keep seeing/hearing these rumours of a new monsters dark ride and it makes my mouth water.. Why not invest some money in this rather than pirates?

In the right now ... they have an empty building that they can fill.. where as a new dark ride would require significantly more .. and whos to say they aren't in some sort of planning for something like that, but empty space is just bad business.

aladdin2007

Yo Ho!!! or...Ho Hum!?!? Vague description so cant really tell yet. It could either be really detailed and well done for the space its in, or simply be wall to wall screens.

Magenta Panther

Are there seats in there? I never saw the Narnia show. This sounds like it has potential though...

The only good thing about the Narnia show was when the big wardrobe doors opened and you caught a glimpse of a snowy wood beyond. After that...meh. Disney never did believe in Narnia IMO. They connected it with a half-baked script and a director who didn't understand the material. It came off like Lord of the Rings Lite. Feh.

End of gripe - this new Capt. Jack show sounds awesome. Hope it lives up to the hype. I am so there next visit. :)

WDWBryan

Meh despite all the fancy words it still sounds like a Narnia type thing where you stand in a room and watch a DVD bonus feature

njDizFan

go figure...I'm partially optimistic on this one and everyone else is going "meh...whatev...probably ain't gonna be that cool"

:rolleyes:
This should be a lesson for you. You are a DoM no switching party line talking points....

BTW...cautiously, mildly interested myself...ssshhhh

WDWLover#1

Hmmmmm

Seems interesting to see what they'll do here. Lokking at the space it seems quite compact-but at least it'll be better thn Narnia...........:)

Gregoryp73

Wow even gift shops are getting interactive queues!! :rolleyes:

Hopefully they've spent their time on this and it's merely just a matter of assembling what has already been built. Heck, maybe we'll finally get our mermaids!! :)

An FYI...the Disney Monitor Summer document has been removed from Disney's passholder site. Looks like this was an oops on Disney's part. It may be delayed or not happening at all.

ratherbeinwdw

The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow.

They were doing work in the Narnia location when we were there Christmas. So they may have been working on it for a while. They had the door propped open, and you could tell they were working in there. We were saying we hoped they'd put something good in that spot.
My DD loves Jack. Won't matter to her what's in there as long as it has Jack. Hope it's finished by June, if that's what they consider a summer opening. If not, we'll see it in Sept.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom