DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I hope you don't think that I am saying it isn't warranted. Maelstrom was only popular when first opened and a few times when it was rediscovered over the years, but, it still wasn't much of a draw. I think that it is a good place to have it and I do not hold on to the idea of what the original intent of Epcot was, that is the past... it is no longer focused that way whether we like it or not.

All I have been saying is that I don't think that the capacity rate will be as bad as everyone is imagining over time. It will be at least 20 years before it can even be considered a classic. One cannot automatically call something a classic, it has to earn that title by remaining that way for a number of years. Time will tell. As I said, it's going to be a nightmare when it first opens up, but, I think it is going to decline, especially if the next Frozen movie does not shine through like the first one did and we all know that sequels are iffy at best.

Capacity will be the same as Maelstrom was. Definitely will be a nightmare, even if they dont get the rumored 20% bump they're hoping for.

I feel bad for the Ops cast that will be told to "Make it work"

IMFearless

Capacity will be the same as Maelstrom was. Definitely will be a nightmare, even if they dont get the rumored 20% bump they're hoping for.

I feel bad for the Ops cast that will be told to "Make it work"

My only hope is they find a way to increase capacity somehow, more spaces in boats, more frequent boat dispatches, boats running closer together, whatever.

900 per hour is going to be a circus.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
My only hope is they find a way to increase capacity somehow, more spaces in boats, more frequent boat dispatches, boats running closer together, whatever.

900 per hour is going to be a circus.

That's not possible due to the backwards section. Boats have to stay a minimum distance apart

yensidtlaw1969

Where's that Popcorn GIF?

Pick your poison:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Slowjack

Whats a trigger warning?
You would probably be better off not knowing, but since you will inevitably be told some day...the idea is that people are so easily traumatized today, any time you say or write something that might remind someone of a painful experience, you're supposed to issue a trigger warning, so afflicted people can prepare themselves or retreat to a "safe space." I wish I was making this up.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
You would probably be better off not knowing, but since you will inevitably be told some day...the idea is that people are so easily traumatized today, any time you say or write something that might remind someone of a painful experience, you're supposed to issue a trigger warning, so afflicted people can prepare themselves or retreat to a "safe space." I wish I was making this up.

So.... "trigger warning: Life"

Is that a proper example of how this is used?

jrhwdw

Anyone know where we can find a lion for this circus? Oh wait....
We may have one around Milwaukee somewhere....:)

Since I am NO Insider, PLEASE Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't there talk on here before July 4th that there wouldn't be much or no DHS Buzz at D23? Have our changes gone up? If the latest Rumors are true..OMD & VOLM closing, I would think the Public would take notice soon of all that's closed at DHS without an announcement. Anyone else besides me think we are past due for a announcement???? OMD closing doesn't bother me since that other site said OMD can be moved in WDW. VOLM Closing bothers me a little since it's one of the last Classic Disney shows there along with BATB. Can't they move VOLM to that new Flex Theater? Or keep it open for the holidays if no earth is moving before 2016?

Wonder what Crowd Levels DHS is expecting after FROZEN Fun? I still say FROZEN Fun is helping DHS's attendance. They should make new floats for the Royal Welcome so iit doesn't need to stop for Christmas.

Last edited:

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
We may have one around Milwaukee somewhere....:)

Since I am NO Insider, PLEASE Correct me if I'm wrong. Wasn't there talk on here before July 4th that there wouldn't be much or no DHS Buzz at D23? Have our changes gone up? If the latest Rumors are true..OMD & VOLM closing, I would think the Public would take notice soon of all that's closed at DHS without an announcement. Anyone else besides me think we are past due for a announcement???? OMD closing doesn't bother me since that other site said OMD can be moved in WDW. VOLM Closing bothers me a little since it's one of the last Classic Disney shows there along with BATB. Can't they move VOLM to that new Flex Theater? Or keep it open for the holidays if no earth is moving before 2016?

I have no idea whats going on with D23. I hear something different every day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom