DHS Makeover - What we know so far.....

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
That would be interesting to see a Rivers of America/Frontierland style land that moves forward and backwards in time with Monsters University, Monsters Inc, and after the movies if they were to include the Laugh Floor.

Disneyhead'71

Would this work in The Streets of America?

Incredibles-disneyscreencaps_com-11932.jpg

Fox&Hound

A big IF, but IF, they did decide to go with Monster's Inc for the phase 3 part of the project- is there a consistent narrative amongst the speculated attractions (I know it's all fan theory of hope).
  • Laugh Floor- Would this ride have taken place during the events of "Monsters Inc" film? Anyone know what the original intent was of this ride before it was shelved?
  • Monsters U Shops/Experiences- This would be from the prequel
  • Laugh Floor MILF- Takes places after the events of the movie where comedy reigns supreme and fear is outdated thinking
  • Monster's Hide and Go Seek- Not sure where this fits in a chronological timeline but Boo is in it so it can't be prequel
  • Monster's Ride from CA- Basically a retelling of Monster's Inc
Seems like it's a bit all over the place. Maybe I am overthinking what may or may not come to the park, just curious how they would tell a cohesive story that could span all the movies. Maybe MU still exists in the Monster's World- you just could not have young Mike and young Sulley walking around....Thoughts?

ToTBellHop

A big IF, but IF, they did decide to go with Monster's Inc for the phase 3 part of the project- is there a consistent narrative amongst the speculated attractions (I know it's all fan theory of hope).
  • Laugh Floor- Would this ride have taken place during the events of "Monsters Inc" film? Anyone know what the original intent was of this ride before it was shelved?
  • Monsters U Shops/Experiences- This would be from the prequel
  • Laugh Floor MILF- Takes places after the events of the movie where comedy reigns supreme and fear is outdated thinking
  • Monster's Hide and Go Seek- Not sure where this fits in a chronological timeline but Boo is in it so it can't be prequel
  • Monster's Ride from CA- Basically a retelling of Monster's Inc
Seems like it's a bit all over the place. Maybe I am overthinking what may or may not come to the park, just curious how they would tell a cohesive story that could span all the movies. Maybe MU still exists in the Monster's World- you just could not have young Mike and young Sulley walking around....Thoughts?
Such a decision hasn't been made, but I would argue modern-day Monstropolis is the more-compelling (for a theme park) and timeless setting. It easily lends itself to rides, shows, dining, and retail. Could even hold a replacement for HISTK playground.

Mawg

when was the last time an attraction moved? Oh thats right... 1975. dont plan on attractions relocating. PIPE DREAM
I agree with you that attractions don't have a history of moving. But what I found interesting is that in the budget approval from the board of directors for improving DHS there was also money allocated to MK and Epcot, 350 mil each. It is perplexing to me that you would present a budget to redo DHS and then also say hey can you also kick down 350 for MK and Epcot. I would think these would have their own budgets approved. MK is getting ready for a 50th anniversary, why not ask for the money as part of a 50th make over and additions. I'm guessing here, but I wonder if in the asking for funds to redo DHS they also indicated that some of what they were proposing would in some way impact the other parks necessitating some changes to MK and Epcot. Like removing or moving the Laugh floor and replacing it with something else at the MK so that they can use it at DHS or at the very least not have it at all anymore and not have two areas in two different parks related to MI. Doubt this is the case but something to think about.

Brer Panther

I just hope the rumors of Kong being a poo flinger are not true.
Maybe one of these guys could be brought in to play Kong...
Mason-and-Phil-mason-and-phil-8514617-1200-715.jpg

Even if they don't move it (assuming Monstropolis happens), I could see them closing it - along with Buzz - if they can come up with a proper Tomorrowland redo.
Buzz, I think, is a bit too popular for them to get rid of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom