DHS Aerial View

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Looks like that part of the park had a different configuration when it first opened. There were different buildings in that area and there was a canal back there in the area marked H. Maybe the pilings were needed to support a building that was near the canal.

upload_2016-12-1_18-49-29.png

gmajew

Premium Member
Looks like that part of the park had a different configuration when it first opened. There were different buildings in that area and there was a canal back there in the area marked H. Maybe the pilings were needed to support a building that was near the canal.

View attachment 177424

The stuff you dig up is great info and thanks for always taking the time to find it and keep us updated.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

View attachment 177424
I'll have to dig more but I don't think that's as built. The backlot, aside from the stages and wardrobe / scenic was quite as-hoc during the first two years. But even so I don't think there was anything needing anything substantial underground.

Maybe I should watch my own videos :D

MrHappy

I'm trying to find the HS Thread that it came up, so I apologize if this post is misplaced....seems right though.

Question for the insiders and smarties:
Regarding the flow of the park. A poster was displeased with the layout of the park. Basically claiming a couple of crossing straight lines. But with the addition of TSL and SWL, is the future vision an outter wheel more reminiscent of the classic disney hub and spoke? Perhaps the Chinese Theater (Mickey Ride) would be the hub, and the exterior wheel would go from RnRC area...connected to TSL...connect to SWL....connect to "Phase 3" or just dip back down to Muppets Courtyard? This would certainly give the park great scale and better flow.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm trying to find the HS Thread that it came up, so I apologize if this post is misplaced....seems right though.

Question for the insiders and smarties:
Regarding the flow of the park. A poster was displeased with the layout of the park. Basically claiming a couple of crossing straight lines. But with the addition of TSL and SWL, is the future vision an outter wheel more reminiscent of the classic disney hub and spoke? Perhaps the Chinese Theater (Mickey Ride) would be the hub, and the exterior wheel would go from RnRC area...connected to TSL...connect to SWL....connect to "Phase 3" or just dip back down to Muppets Courtyard? This would certainly give the park great scale and better flow.
Technically the new lands won't change traffic. Pixar Place traffic will just be pushed further out.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
This is true but the new pathway will be a heck of a lot wider than Pixar place and that's great news as that was allways a pinch point for guest flow.
Not in every place. The turn into TSL from PP will be quite tight with its added decor.

Where it will score is no TSMM pinch point directly on the pathway. And the layout of the path through SWL should allow transit through the land quite easily once initial crowds die down.

roj2323

Not in every place. The turn into TSL from PP will be quite tight with its added decor.

Where it will score is no TSMM pinch point directly on the pathway. And the layout of the path through SWL should allow transit through the land quite easily once initial crowds die down.

Are they not demolishing part of sound stage capt. jack was in?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are they not demolishing part of sound stage capt. jack was in?
It (”stage” 4) should all be going. From what I've seen it'll still be the tightest area of the new main pathway.

TSMM though will gain more exterior and covered queue in addition to the current internal space. This plus the third track should - I'd hope - eliminate switchback spills onto the thoroughfare.

Next Big Thing

Are there any pans to connect the end of Sunset Blvd (Near RnRc) to TSL when it opens? or maybe further down the line?

Not that I'm aware of.
I have to think that EVENTUALLY they will use the large Animation plot for theme park use. Right now, the former Florida Animation building is just offices (that can be moved anywhere).

I'd love for one day to be able to walk all the way from SWL to RNRC without having to step foot on Sunset.

Goofyernmost

I have to think that EVENTUALLY they will use the large Animation plot for theme park use. Right now, the former Florida Animation building is just offices (that can be moved anywhere).

I'd love for one day to be able to walk all the way from SWL to RNRC without having to step foot on Sunset.
And that is something that they do not want you to do. It is the same theory that makes grocery stores put bread and milk in the back of the store. They do not want you bypassing Sunset. So unless they decide to add another attraction to that area, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom