Dessert Party Available Dates

kasey1988

Just got off the phone sept 23 and 24 th are both sold out! I booked for the 22nd, but have reservations at narcosees for that night! Will have to try and make some changes to accompdate everythig!

nngrendel

Original Poster
It was odd not to wake up today and worry about checking availability for Sept. So glad I kept looking. I can no longer find a opening for the 10th! Glad I booked early yesterday afternoon.

shuflemstr

I booked mine for Sept 17th. Mom and I have never done this before. I only booked it because it is something different. Is it worth the money? Does anyone know what kind of desserts they may have?

ExtinctJenn

The best advice I can give to anyone trying to make reservations for this is to call every day (don't look online). We did this on our last trip (September 2011) and I kept checking online and experiencing similar things (dates would open but not all dates). When I called, the date I wanted had just opened but the website didn't reflect it yet. As a result we were the 4th to get our rezzie and were right up front. It was absolutely awesome.

And yes, the staggered times are to avoid the crowd rush at the dessert bar because it's above where you sit on the terrace and the pathways and tables make it difficult to navigate as it is, let alone if 100 people all head up once. :)

dnscbus

So I read through the posts, and I even checked out the link someone posted. But I it seems the info was from 2 years ago on the link, and everyone is real general with their comments. Obviously there is dessert. I suspect that is not what everyone is really paying for when booking this experience.

As I understand it, we get special viewing of the fireworks correct? Do we get a specific table? Or is it first come, best view? Do we view from the table? or do we stand or move somewhere else for a "less obstructed view." I can't imagine this is worth it if my view would be obstructed in anyway!

Is there a photographer? Do you only get prints if you buy the photopass cd or some other product?

Oh and the price I just paid for the 17th of September was $78.78 w/ tax for 2 adults and 2 kids (the 1 yr old was free). I think it was $23.99 per adult and $12.99 per kid. Hey, I'm skeptical, but I'm not stupid. There was availability so I took it. I noticed it also appears this is not offered on any day that coincides with the Halloween party dates (just fyi).

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
So I read through the posts, and I even checked out the link someone posted. But I it seems the info was from 2 years ago on the link, and everyone is real general with their comments. Obviously there is dessert. I suspect that is not what everyone is really paying for when booking this experience.

As I understand it, we get special viewing of the fireworks correct? Do we get a specific table? Or is it first come, best view? Do we view from the table? or do we stand or move somewhere else for a "less obstructed view." I can't imagine this is worth it if my view would be obstructed in anyway!

Is there a photographer? Do you only get prints if you buy the photopass cd or some other product?

Oh and the price I just paid for the 17th of September was $78.78 w/ tax for 2 adults and 2 kids (the 1 yr old was free). I think it was $23.99 per adult and $12.99 per kid. Hey, I'm skeptical, but I'm not stupid. There was availability so I took it. I noticed it also appears this is not offered on any day that coincides with the Halloween party dates (just fyi).

Tables are given in order of bookings, when you get there a table will have your name on it.

You sit at the table and eat your desserts and then before wishes start everyone gathers along the railing. There is no photographer

cslafferty

I LOVE desserts (DH, not a sweets lover - his weakness is cheese!) and LOVE Wishes, but I'm a very picky Wishes spectator - I have to watch with the castle right in front of me. It seems like Wishes is a "symmetrical" display and I'm always afraid I won't really get the full effects if I view it off to the sides. I know, it sounds REALLY silly as I'm typing this!! But, that's why I've never done the Dessert party. I'm planning our Dec. trip, and am really tempted to try it out. So, you Wishes lovers, do you miss something of the view from Tomorrowland? Anyone have pics?? Thanks!:D

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
I LOVE desserts (DH, not a sweets lover - his weakness is cheese!) and LOVE Wishes, but I'm a very picky Wishes spectator - I have to watch with the castle right in front of me. It seems like Wishes is a "symmetrical" display and I'm always afraid I won't really get the full effects if I view it off to the sides. I know, it sounds REALLY silly as I'm typing this!! But, that's why I've never done the Dessert party. I'm planning our Dec. trip, and am really tempted to try it out. So, you Wishes lovers, do you miss something of the view from Tomorrowland? Anyone have pics?? Thanks!:D

Don't have pics but I didn't mind the view at all. I enjoyed the new viewpoint plus TinkerBell flys right over your head :D

cslafferty

Maybe I will take a walk out of my comfort zone this trip! Hehe! Is it all sweets, or are there other things that DH might enjoy - fresh fruits, maybe?? He hates chocolate, but likes fruit pies and will occasionally do white cake (scrapes off the frosting).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom