Demolition of Cantina begins Jan 4

EPCOT Explorer

March 10th 2010 in San Antonio.

"Remember the Expansion!"

sorry :eek:
:lol::sohappy:

You win History points, it's cool.
They would certainly discuss past announcements. And they give hints at things to come. But WDW fans should show up with great questions prepared.
True.

When I become a stockholder (soon) I certainly do hope to attend at least ONE meeting. And yell my head off.:lookaroun

Rob562

Stitch Kingdom is reporting that it will be open on Sept 24. Granted, that always can change.

Hmmm... 9 months, while a decent amount of time, is still relatively short for a full demolition and complete reconstruction.

I wonder if their plans are only for a partial demolition, keeping some of the central building containing the kitchen and counter facilities, and then just expand/rebuild/retheme/reconfigure the rest of the structure and seating areas...

Or, maybe because it's so visible, they've thrown some extra money at it to get it all done faster.

One thing's for sure, Mexico will be a rather dark pavilion during RoE... There's a lot of lighting gear on the Cantina roof to light the front of the pyramid.

-Rob

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Hmmm... 9 months, while a decent amount of time, is still relatively short for a full demolition and complete reconstruction.

I wonder if their plans are only for a partial demolition, keeping some of the central building containing the kitchen and counter facilities, and then just expand/rebuild/retheme/reconfigure the rest of the structure and seating areas...

Or, maybe because it's so visible, they've thrown some extra money at it to get it all done faster.

One thing's for sure, Mexico will be a rather dark pavilion during RoE... There's a lot of lighting gear on the Cantina roof to light the front of the pyramid.

-Rob
Short for Disney yes but in the real world it can be done. It will take a good superintendent and tight scheduling but I have seen projects of a similar scope come off in that time frame. Disney does not have to deal with the paperwork headaches that us regular Joe's have to endure and that fact alone can shave weeks off of a project.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Short for Disney yes but in the real world it can be done. It will take a good superintendent and tight scheduling but I have seen projects of a similar scope come off in that time frame. Disney does not have to deal with the paperwork headaches that us regular Joe's have to endure and that fact alone can shave weeks off of a project.

Let's get Ty Pennington on the job

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Sept 24th, thats fine by me.

Funny how fast food chaions can go from land to serving in less than a month, well they can round here, maybe its the Polish workers.

MythBuster

Original Poster

-Rob

They will be installing temporary lighting to light up Mexico during ROE

wild01ride

They built all of EPCOT Center in 3 years! How come they can't build a flippin' Cantina/Restaurant in 9 months?! LOL!

I don't see why they have such a hard time keeping schedules these days (yes, I know that they have to work around the guests, the area is not easily accessible for equipment, etc., but STILL!!).

Let's get Ty Pennington on the job

Heck - let's get Admiral Joe Fowler on the job! (Well, I know that he's no longer with us, but regardless - He coulda' done it!)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They built all of EPCOT Center in 3 years! How come they can't build a flippin' Cantina/Restaurant in 9 months?! LOL!

I don't see why they have such a hard time keeping schedules these days (yes, I know that they have to work around the guests, the area is not easily accessible for equipment, etc., but STILL!!)
There is a huge difference in building in an open field and building in an operating theme park.

tirian

Yikes. I couldn't disagree more. The Mexico QS is one of my all-time favorites. It isn't THE best, but in terms of authenticity, there is a few things that are American-ized, but it's pretty right on, especially in taste. Sure, I haven't gone to south Texas or Mexico, but I am from Puerto Rico and I can tell they use the same seasonings on the beef is near exactly authentic to being Latino or at least the way the frijoles (black beans), salsa, and the way the chicken is done is on par with what I've seen and tasted in authentic Mexican cuisine. I've eaten there numerous times with my parents and they agree as well (they were born AND raised in PR).

I haven't been to Taco Bell since I was 7 or so, if that says anything towards my opinion on it, haha. Their former fajita kits (if they even have them still) at the grocery store aisles tasted better than anything on their menu. Talk about bland, yelch....

When was the last time you ate at either of the Mexican restaurants? They are NASTY! :ROFLOL:

Of course, it doesn't help that I've eaten at real Mexican restaurants many, many, many, many, many, many times. (Get the picture?) ;)

EPCOT Explorer

Norway doesn't participate in Illuminations due to religious reasons.

What beer pillaging and raping?

I thought it was Morroco and Norway balances it out, though I could be talking Ertha.

No, it's Morocco that can not have lighting on it for religious reason specifying that a religious structure (or one that even looks like it, as in EPCOT) can not be lit.

Norway was just left out, seeing that IllumiNations premiered before it was built.

That's hardly an excuse, though...It stands out like a sore thumb.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom