Deluxe Resorts?

rob0519

We've only stayed at the MK Deluxe Resorts. I think it depends on what you want out of your trip. If you'll spend more time at Epcot and HS then I would say an Epcot Resort is better. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with either the Polynesian or the GF for access to the MK. Well, you can walk to the MK from the Contemporary, but it appears you want to try something different. Whatever you pick will be great, I'm sure.

surfsupdon

I always prefer Yacht & Beach Clubs and BoardWalk Inn, because they are not stand alone Resorts. Yes, the MK Resorts are a monorail ride away, but we all know that monorail is a pain in the neck and overly crowded.

Yacht, Beach, BoardWalk, Swan, Dolphin are all connected and have much more of an adult, upscale vibe. These Resorts are not isolated- they complement eachother quite nicely, but can also stand alone. Not to mention there are evening activities and late night options. We felt isolated at the Poly, and that the Resort shut down around midnight. Not so on the BoardWalk and surrounding Resorts. Lots of fun.

DisneyPrincess5

Any deluxe is awesome, I'd say! We prefer to stay near where we plan on being more. We're a big MK couple so we tend to enjoy staying and eating in the MK area. Just makes it more convenient and relaxed for us. If you're planning on being around Epcot more, maybe that's a good resort area to explore.
Time of year is important to consider. For example, if you're thinking of going during F&W, I'd suggest staying at the Epcot resort area as it would make your life a heck of a lot easier.

HurricaneHanna

You really can't go wrong with any deluxe in terms of lodging and the fact that you're at Disney World!!! That said, it comes down to where you want to spend the most time.

We usually stay at YC, BC, or BWI because we love walking over to World Showcase on a daily basis. We're also late night people, so the extensive activity at night along the boardwalk area, as well as the fun lounges at YC and BWI appeal to us. We can take a walk around Crescent Lake at 3 AM and it seems perfectly normal. The biggest appeal here is having so much access within walking distance. I love that on vacation- being able to just walk wherever, whenever. Five very active resorts with oodles of good restaurants and fun adult lounges (if you include Swan and Dolphin), Epcot, and Hollywood Studios, even a mini golf course, and Stormalong Bay if you stay at YC or BC, all in one place, easily walkable. These days, most of our trips are adult only, but this area is well suited to families with children too- lots of scheduled activities for children and so many things for them to do without even leaving the resort.

The MK resorts are fabulous for giving the vibe of being immersed in the "magic" with their proximity to the heart of WDW. Nothing really compares to a view of Cinderella's Castle from your balcony. They do feel more isolated though especially when the monorail isn't running (when compared to the Epcot resorts).

We have one trip planned in early 2017 where we're staying at Saratoga Springs. This is a new experience for us motivated by a super great AP discount on a villa and the desire to eat dinner every night at Disney Springs. We never seem to spend much time at Disney Springs and there are so many new restaurants there as well as a few that have been around a while but we've still not tried. We're hoping that we can walk back and forth easily from SSR to DS.
As I type this... I'm still not 100% sure I love this idea so I may in the end switch us back to our original plan if it's still available (split stay BC/CR).

Enjoy the process of researching and choosing. There is no wrong answer when it comes to picking a deluxe.

Last edited:

bunnyman

Have stayed at YC, BC, Poly, and WL; upcoming first trip to Contemporary. Hard to pick a favorite, as each has their good attributes. WL has always been a family favorite, as it is on the relatively small size and everything is contained in one building. YC and BC are great if our trip is focused on EPCOT (i.e. the Food & Wine festival) and the Studios (Star Wars events) due to their proximity; plus we love the Stormalong Bay pool complex. Poly is great based on the monorail and theme, but I have to admit since they added the bungalows it has kind of lost something in my book. So, long story short, a better question to me would be "based on what our trip plans are, what would the best deluxe hotel be".

MickeyMomV

We have done the AKL - Savanna View before and loved it!! Now a days we find most of our time is spent at MK so the Poly would be our choice since it is on the Monorail loop.

surfsupdon

As Hurricane Hanna has said, a lot is determined by your Parks of preference.

Convenience is big too. Walking between the 5 Epcot Deluxes and 2 Theme Parks is huge; walking paths are so much more reliable than the monorails (closures, restarts, waiting for clearance ahead, transfers, packed cabins). The Epcot Deluxes have so much more variety of dining and entertainment options, and as said before, you can walk around at 2am and find something to do and see others enjoying their late night stroll. The other stand alone Resorts tend to shut down.

Have fun choosing. And enjoy the vaca.

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Premium Member
I am in agreement with basing which resort you choose on where you'll be visiting most, and what your plans are.

We are staying at BLT this December to be in proximity to the monorail resorts and MK for Christmas decor. We stayed at Boardwalk last fall during Food & Wine at Epcot. Really you can't go wrong, and after all that being said.....

My favorite is Wilderness Lodge.

TDGMedley

Original Poster
Thank you for all in put. Im looking to stay In March, and thought all the flowers at Epcot would be nice to see. We will be traveling with 2 young kids. My daughter will be turning 3 around this time. I like the idea of being able to walk to 2 parks and I could get to the monorail. just going with the kids the buses are hard sometimes. Do any of the rooms at BC, YC, or boardwalk able to see Epcot for fireworks?

HurricaneHanna

Thank you for all in put. Im looking to stay In March, and thought all the flowers at Epcot would be nice to see. We will be traveling with 2 young kids. My daughter will be turning 3 around this time. I like the idea of being able to walk to 2 parks and I could get to the monorail. just going with the kids the buses are hard sometimes. Do any of the rooms at BC, YC, or boardwalk able to see Epcot for fireworks?
When you say fireworks at Epcot you mean Illuminations. Illuminations is a show that takes place on the World Showcase lake and to really view it you need to be IN World Showcase because much of it involves floats on the water and an audio spiel. That said, you can see bits and pieces of the fireworks portion from certain rooms. You can see even more by being outside on certain segments of the walkway that connects Yacht Club to the Boardwalk, particularly on the bridge.
As for the Flower and Garden Festival- It is without doubt the most beautiful time to visit Epcot. The effort that goes into the botanical displays is beyond words. If you have the opportunity definitely go at that time.

nickys

Premium Member

Getting to the monorail, whilst possible and a pleasant walk, would take you around 30 to 40 minutes and be a lot more hassle than getting on a bus to MK, especially with kids. You would walk to the International Gateway of Epcot, go through bag check, walk through World Showcase and then Future World, out of the main entrance and over to the monorail.

Apologies if you knew this, I just wanted to make you aware. If it were me, I'd just get on a bus. At the BC there are nice shelters to wait in and if you just missed one there is the canal and bridge to while away time. And of course at BC, and YC you have Stormalong Bay. Enough said!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom