Decorating magic bands

natolij02

Original Poster
Just wondering who has decorated their magic bands with the accessories available and if you thought it was worth it? Post pics if you have them :)

Cmdr_Crimson

While I haven't, I honestly think Disney is missing the opportunity for Personalization when you first get the magic band with your room or ticket option by adding a character & name on it would make it much more fun...Rather than having to repurchase a limited edition band..

Cosmic Commando

While I haven't, I honestly think Disney is missing the opportunity for Personalization when you first get the magic band with your room or ticket option by adding a character & name on it would make it much more fun...Rather than having to repurchase a limited edition band..
Exactly. If I could pay an extra $15 to get a Figment band mailed to me in the box instead of a normal blue one, I'd do it. Once I'm there and already have a functioning band in hand? No chance. Instead, I'm looking at buying $6 stickers for the bands from a third party.

natolij02

Original Poster
Where are you looking at the stickers? I have seen a few of them but was unsure how well they last/hold up after a week of wearing them. I don't want them peeling off.

Cosmic Commando

This is my first trip in the Magic Band era, but I'm looking at magicyourband.com . I have no idea how well they'll work, but $6 and free shipping is worth a shot. The SSE patterned one, obviously. :cool:

Tinkerfan4ever

We ordered from http://www.myfantasybands.com/ and had really good success. They lasted all week with no problem. Sizing them to the kids bands was a little more tricky. We tried cutting the band to fit and tried holes where the band would snap together. We found that the band where we made the holes stayed on better than cutting the band. The one that we cut ended up coming off towards the end of the trip. But this was after 5 park days and several trips to the pool.

KCheatle

I also think it's odd that Disney hasn't jumped on the idea of people designing their own. First, because they could make $$ off it. And, second, because they're all about "design and creativity", you'd think they would have pushed that from the get go?? For our next trip, we will definitely order from the myfantasyband.com site. Some really cool things on there!!

DizneyPryncess

Those are awesome! I love the Peter Pan one, and the glitter ones. I'm going to get some for my family for the Fall, rather than going the nail polish route. I wasn't sure I had the artistic ability for those anyways. :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I also think it's odd that Disney hasn't jumped on the idea of people designing their own. First, because they could make $$ off it. And, second, because they're all about "design and creativity", you'd think they would have pushed that from the get go?? For our next trip, we will definitely order from the myfantasyband.com site. Some really cool things on there!!
I'm designing my own (or I have)...

Still working on how to make it all work out...

You can read about it and see the designs here...

englanddg's Real Life or is this just Fantasy?

MRGEFF

Just read this thread and checked out magicyourband.com. WOW!!!! And here I thought mine looked good by decorating them on my own using Sharpies. Yeah! Mine looked good too, so much so that the oldest grandson grab a Sharpie and individualized his. I agree with Cmdr Crimson and KCheatle that Disney missed that boat.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom