December Trip questions

carib2150

Hello to all! I was wondering about the crowds that might me there the week of Dec 11th-17th. I have never been at X-mas and haver heard that the crowds are generally mild this time of year. Oh true is it?? I have purchased tickets for the MVMCP on the 14th ( got the actual tickets saturday!!!) and was also wondering about that. This is gonna be a surprise to my 2 children. They dont even have a clue that we are going and was wanting feed back from anyone that might have some positive feedback. Thanks and ....

ho ho ho ho a Santa's life for me..:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

wdwforus

We went for 12 days last year, the 21th thru the 1st and had a blast. The week before Christmas was the best, very manageable crowds and no lines to speak of. The week after, the closer it got to New Years the worse it got. I think you are definately going at a good time and your kids will love it! Have fun and welcome to WDWMagic!

Upvote 0

Jenngusto

Hi! (-:

My fiance and I are going to be there the 12th through the 19th and are also going to the MVMCP on the 14th!

I have heard this is a good time to go and am SO looking forward to the trip!

See you there!

Upvote 0

KrazyKowboy

It's the best time of year to go, you'll beat the crowds, enjoy all the decorations and Christmas music.
The characters all are in their holiday garb.
You'll love the MVMCP and if you're more into the rides, you'll have free reign as the crowds at the party are watching the parade or fireworks.
Last year we rode Space Mtn 3 times with no wait, went across the park to BTMR and did the same there too. It was a cool night so we skipped Splash Mtn. We did all that during the parade and still finished in time for Wishes.
If you take the kids over to Toon Town during the parade, you'll have it all to yourself.

Upvote 0

Ciciwoowoo

Its my favorite time of the year to go. The decorations are wonderful and the crowds are light. Its never too hot. In fact, we usually layer with sweatshirts/t-shirts. Bring Christmas shirts, hats and mittens for the Christmas Party! It gets kind of cold late at night. (OK, I'm from Michigan and it wasn't really that cold, but I digress)

The parade and fireworks are great at the party, and they even make it "snow" on Main Street! You will be able to visit Santa during the party at the MK, or he is at Downtown Disney.

Make sure you take the time to go resort hopping. Seeing the decorations in the lobbies are the best! Have fun!

Oh, depending on how old your children are, you might want to do the Christmas narrative show at Epcot. Its quite beautiful, but I don't think children under the age of 7 would truly appreciate it.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I love going there for Christmas. I am not going this year, and probably not next year. But I have to find some way to convince the wife to go.

Upvote 0

jim1051

I was there this exact week in 2005. Crowds were low. They did continue to pick up through the week but we left on friday and they were still low enough, Cast members were telling us that starting with the weekend things would start to build to Christmas rush.

Upvote 0

tink rules

We were there last year but at the beginning of the month. We had the pop warner people there for the week which made it a bit more crowded.. (that's another subject entirely...) and it was also the time for the filming of the xmas parade (first weekend...)

That said... weather can be fickle so plan accordingly. We got absolutely beautiful days and also some rain (lots of rain actually) but it's ususally a dry time of the year and last year with all the storms etc. was a fluke...

Watch out for the EMH nights at the MK... THEY ARE PACKED!!! And Especially on the weekends when they kept the parks open late - it seemed like everyone flooded into the MK and stayed. Lines were so so on those nights but it's much more crowded than other times. They also show the parades twice and the fireworks... (regular wishes on those nights...)

If you get the chance...I know you will see the fireworks while you are AT the MVMCP, also take the time if you are in the neighborhood to hit one of the beaches at the resorts (poly is the best) to see them from there as well... you get a GREAT view of the perimeter fireworks which you will not get from inside the park. Well worth it.

If you haven't already... get your reservations for the Candlelight processional..with the dinner if possible. It is worth it and the reserved seating anywhere in the theater is a definate plus.

You will notice that there will be alot of local people there as well because it is popular for them (especially those great Red Hat Ladies...) to tour to see the xmas decorations.

And don't forget to go and enjoy a bit of DTD as well... it's all lit up and it has bands playing and you can get your picture taken right there with Santa....

Upvote 0

pacochran

Hi,

Last year we were there the first week of December and I didn't think it was bad, both in crowds and tempeture. Other than toward the end of our visit was the Pop Warner, which caused the parks to be a little more crowded but not bad. We had great weather last year mostly low to mid 70's, which my wife loved, but I have heard you can get some colder weather.

As to the Christmas party it was great. We did it on a Tuesday night last year and it wasn't crowded at all. We road splash mountain 3 times in a row without having to get off, and Thunder Mountain Railroad 3 times in a row, had to get off but got right back on. I think if you hit the parties on the weekend it is likely to be more crowded. In 2004 we did the Halloween one on Friday night and it was sold out, and fairly crowded, though not like some days during the busy season as I have been told.

We will be there Nov 28th thru Dec 2nd and doing the party the 28th. Can't wait.:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

Upvote 0

LCK123

We took the family (me and hubby w/ 3 little ones - 5, 4 and 9 months) the same exact week in 2005. We had a great time. We went to MVMCP also. The only problem was the temp at night. It had fallen into the low to mid 40s and we didn't pack enough warm clothing. It was a very cold week - never reaching more than mid-60s. Since we're from New England, that was fine with us...we were leaving the 20s. Be prepared weather-wise.

As far as the lines....what lines? It was perfect...we went on and saw just about every attraction with no problem. In addition to MVMCP, I highly recommend the candlelight processional. It was lovely and a great addition to an Epcot Dinner.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

chicagochris

I was so bummed out about Splash Mountain closing (it's my favorite ride in the MK) in January that I changed our reservations today from Jan 4-8, 2007 to Dec 14-18, 2006.

I can't believe that our hotel rates actually lessened by $2/night.

Probably will be doing MVSCP on the 14th, as well. We can't wait!

Upvote 0

kennygman

We went the week before Christmas last year and had a wonderful time. Best advice is to avoid any early opening park to do your touring. The crowds were almost non-existant then. When we went to an EMH park the crowds were like late summer. It's not worth the hassle for the extra hour and you get to sleep in or enjoy a leisurely breakfast.

Upvote 0

carib2150

Original Poster
replay:

Thanks everyone for your replys! We are staying at the all star movies, due to the children loving the larger than life icon's and this will be the 1st visit for my 19 mnth old son. He loves "mi mouse" and im sure he will have a creat time. We are looking forward to all the decorations, diner at O'Hanas and breakfast at Chef Mickeys. I cant wait!!!!

If anyone can provide any other details, let us all know!!!

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom