1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

De-frizzing in humidity

Discussion in 'WDW Tips' started by Lott2912, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Lott2912

Lott2912 Active Member

I am hoping someone may be able to help me with this. We are flying over to Disney in 2 weeks and I am starting to worry about the humidity and my hair. I have naturally fairly straight hair but it is fairly frizzy. Anybody have any product tips to help keep the frizz at bay in the Florida weather?

Many thanks

DisneyPrincess5 likes this.
  2. RScottyL

RScottyL Active Member

3. DisneyPrincess5

DisneyPrincess5 Well-Known Member

This is a more dedicated approach but about a year ago I began using Moroccanoil shampoo, conditioner, and treatment oil (original brand, no knockoffs) and it has made a significant difference in the overall quality and condition of my hair including helping to prevent and tame frizz. Check out their products-the cost is worth it. And good luck!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  4. ScarletBegonias

ScarletBegonias Well-Known Member

John Frieda makes some nice Anti-Frizz products that are not really expensive. I used to use them a lot and I'm considering them for the trip.

Minnie1986 likes this.
  5. CAPTAIN HOOK

CAPTAIN HOOK Well-Known Member

Shave your head !!!!

aaambermarie1 likes this.
  6. SparklinDiamond

SparklinDiamond New Member

This is going to sound strange but trust me it works. Buy some dryer sheets that are made to keep your laundry static free, they work on your hair too. They are really cheap to buy and you can carry them round in your bag. Nip to the loos in the parks if your hair is going wild and just rub it straight down your hair. Takes out all of the frizz and they smell lovely.

aaambermarie1 likes this.
  7. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member

I second the John Frieda suggestion. I have naturally wavy hair, but without product, it will frizz like crazy. What I do while in Disney is either wash/dampen it in the shower. Once I get out, I'll use leave in conditioner and the John Frieda frizz ease serum(not too much) and let it air dry. By the time I'm in the park, I'm good to go. Hope this helps.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
    ScarletBegonias likes this.
  8. Minnie1986

Definitely get them; I never travel without at least the Frizz Ease serum, because you never know what the weather will be like.

9. ScarletBegonias

I am buying this stuff for our trip! I hate wearing my hair up because I hate how it looks in pictures. From what I remember a LITTLE bit of serum goes a LONG way~!

10. Minnie1986

Definitely does. Depending on the weather, I use anywhere from the size of a nickel to the size of a dollar coin,and my hair stops almost half way down my back.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  11. ScarletBegonias

Good to know! I haven't used it in a while!

12. Disnee4Me

Disnee4Me Well-Known Member

Gimme head with hair, Long beautiful hair, Shining, gleaming, Streaming, flaxen, waxen
    Give me down to there hair, Shoulder length or longer, Here baby, there mama, Everywhere daddy daddy
    Hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, hair, Flow it, show it, Long as God can grow it, My hair ...:D

13. ScarletBegonias

I used the Frizz Ease while I was there and it was PERFECT! I never had to put my hair up even though it was 800 degrees!

14. BiffyClyro

BiffyClyro Well-Known Member

I have mixed race/ afro caribbean hair so feel your pain. It's not afro, but really curly. My advise is wear it in a up in a top knot, side braid or put conditioner in your hair dry. Also, when I straighten it over there, it kinks slightly but still looks socially acceptable and lasts two days. So maybe that? Know straightening isn;t everyones thing.

15. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

Biosilk (or similar) smoothing hair serums help me keep the frizzies under control, although my frizz issues (my "frizzues") are fairly minor.

16. laben594

laben594 Member

Prive has a great frizz control spray. I live in south west Florida and it works great