DCP phone interview advice

hrmom26

Original Poster
my daughter has a phone interview for the fall 2016 Disney college program coming up soon . Working for Disney has always been a dream of hers , I was hoping someone on here could give her some advice or recommend a good study guide for the questions asked? thanks in advance

Domosuke

First off, I'm not trying to be mean or disrespectful. Maybe it was the way I was raised and how I was told be an independent thinker and mind.

But I never understand these Disney son and Disney daughter threads.

Your adult child is the one that is going to be a future employee not you. So if you are doing more research and more inquiring about the job than they are, it just seems kinda, I don't know, unkosher to me.

But anyways, the phone interview procedure and process is constantly changing and they do it like on that on purpose so people don't cheat and just copy down questions from a blog site or something.

I would tell her to smile even though it's a phone conversation. You can still analyze someone's vibe from their voice as well.

Emphasize on her work, volunteer or past life experiences and how they relate to the roles she picked.

In addition to that tell her to ask her interviewers name again, and to be polite and if she can avoid it, try not to stammer, or stutter, say um, or uh, or hmm and nitpick her speech and cause radio silence continually.

If she gets caught up in an answer and/or wants to think of an answer, tell the interviewer to repeat the question, and/or "please give me a few seconds while I recollect my thoughts", along those lines.

Best of luck to your daughter.

hrmom26

Original Poster
First off, I'm not trying to be mean or disrespectful. Maybe it was the way I was raised and how I was told be an independent thinker and mind.

But I never understand these Disney son and Disney daughter threads.

Your adult child is the one that is going to be a future employee not you. So if you are doing more research and more inquiring about the job than they are, it just seems kinda, I don't know, unkosher to me.

But anyways, the phone interview procedure and process is constantly changing and they do it like on that on purpose so people don't cheat and just copy down questions from a blog site or something.

I would tell her to smile even though it's a phone conversation. You can still analyze someone's vibe from their voice as well.

Emphasize on her work, volunteer or past life experiences and how they relate to the roles she picked.

In addition to that tell her to ask her interviewers name again, and to be polite and if she can avoid it, try not to stammer, or stutter, say um, or uh, or hmm and nitpick her speech and cause radio silence continually.

If she gets caught up in an answer and/or wants to think of an answer, tell the interviewer to repeat the question, and/or "please give me a few seconds while I recollect my thoughts", along those lines.

Best of luck to your daughter.

well aren't we a tad judgy this morning lol simply put in my case i am a member of this site and she is not , as to why parents make disney daughter or son threads so much that's pretty simple as well we get anxious , upset, happy , or excited right along with them and jump right in to find answers. i never understand why people assume things. it's always a good idea to gather facts before passing judgment. It never feels good to look at a post and feel attacked.
anyway thank you for the information you provided i will pass it on

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom