DCL transportation versus private transportation

sweetpee_1993

Hmm. I may try that. Being as we are DVC, we are staying in the bubble the night before to make sure we are there with no flight delays. Do you have a recommended time to be back at MCO with DME to catch the xfers?
When we did the MCO transfer to port (stayed the night at MCO Hyatt) I think I recall the cruise line desk opening at 8:30 or 9:00. From what I have read before & since the first bus rolls out around 9:30. Ours, sadly, did not. We were not the first folks in the terminal by a long shot and we were on the first bus. No clue what the holdup was. We got there just ahead of boarding beginning, tho.

MUTZIE77

In november we are flying to mco and staying 3 nights at BLT and then going on a 7 night cruise on the fantasy, then one night at Saratoga Springs after the cruise. I have set up DME from the airport to BLT and from SS to the airport. My question is, how do we get from the resort to Port Canaveral and vice versa?

Bolna

In november we are flying to mco and staying 3 nights at BLT and then going on a 7 night cruise on the fantasy, then one night at Saratoga Springs after the cruise. I have set up DME from the airport to BLT and from SS to the airport. My question is, how do we get from the resort to Port Canaveral and vice versa?

You can set up transports with DCL for 35$ per person each direction (so 70$ round trip). Depending on the size of your party, getting a rental car for one day or even booking a town car might be cheaper. Also as far as I have heard, if you take the Disney shuttle from the resorts, you do not have any control as to when you are going to be picked up and there might be a bit of a scenic tour to other resorts while more people are being picked up.

Finally, you can also get transfers from DCL from airport to port, so you could schedule the ME from BLT to the airport (you don't need to have a flight booked to do that) and then take the DCL transfer to port from there. This way you have more control over when you get to the port. But to me this just sounds far too complex!

Ariel484

Finally, you can also get transfers from DCL from airport to port, so you could schedule the ME from BLT to the airport (you don't need to have a flight booked to do that) and then take the DCL transfer to port from there. This way you have more control over when you get to the port. But to me this just sounds far too complex!
We just did this last month (from Saratoga Springs) and it was a little bit of a pain - mostly because DME just could not comprehend that we wanted to go back to the airport, but not for a flight - and yes, we knew DCL transport picked up from the resorts, but we didn't want to get to the port that late.

I called DME a couple of days before we left and they said we were set for an 8AM DME pick-up from Saratoga Springs. When we checked in (for one night only) I asked the concierge if our DME was in the system - it was not. So I called DME a second time right there in the lobby, they booked it, and it did show up on the concierge's screen. She printed the documentation out for us and we were set.

We got on our DME bus at 8 and got to the airport at...I don't know, 8:45? Told the driver we were going to the DCL pick-up and he told us what stop to get off at. The desk opens at 9, there were maybe 25 people already there so we hopped in line and got on the first bus. We were at the terminal by 10.

I'm glad we did it because we did get on the ship early (boarding group 2) but it was a bit of a pain to set up and a lot of bus time. The DCL bus ride itself was good though, and their video they play is like the old DME video (loved that)...not the new, awful DME TV. Next year we're planning on staying at the Hyatt in MCO the night before and heading down to get in the check-in line at about 8:30. It'll be way easier and cheaper that way.

MUTZIE77

We just did this last month (from Saratoga Springs) and it was a little bit of a pain - mostly because DME just could not comprehend that we wanted to go back to the airport, but not for a flight - and yes, we knew DCL transport picked up from the resorts, but we didn't want to get to the port that late.

I called DME a couple of days before we left and they said we were set for an 8AM DME pick-up from Saratoga Springs. When we checked in (for one night only) I asked the concierge if our DME was in the system - it was not. So I called DME a second time right there in the lobby, they booked it, and it did show up on the concierge's screen. She printed the documentation out for us and we were set.

We got on our DME bus at 8 and got to the airport at...I don't know, 8:45? Told the driver we were going to the DCL pick-up and he told us what stop to get off at. The desk opens at 9, there were maybe 25 people already there so we hopped in line and got on the first bus. We were at the terminal by 10.

I'm glad we did it because we did get on the ship early (boarding group 2) but it was a bit of a pain to set up and a lot of bus time. The DCL bus ride itself was good though, and their video they play is like the old DME video (loved that)...not the new, awful DME TV. Next year we're planning on staying at the Hyatt in MCO the night before and heading down to get in the check-in line at about 8:30. It'll be way easier and cheaper that way.
Thanks guys, do i need to have the dcl transfer set up ahead of time or do they do everything at the airport?

Disneyfalcon

Thanks guys, do i need to have the dcl transfer set up ahead of time or do they do everything at the airport?
I THINK you add it beforehand. @Disneyfalcon can you confirm? :)

Set it up beforehand! You can set it up the day of, and I have before, but they want you to do it beforehand so they can plan accordingly. If you wait until the day of there's a chance the busses could be full. :)

EOD K9

Oddly enough, on our first cruise, there was a note from the hotel advising us what our DCL Xfer pick up time would be. What makes it odd though is that we never told the hotel. The Mouse knows all.

ExRoadie

I've always been a fan using a "town car" service for Disney when flying into Orlando. Whether cruising or the parks, a town car will pick you up and drop you off exactly when and where you want to be.

Most recently I used it for a Disney Cruise. Airport pickup to the Wyndham at LBV the day before the cruise, transport to the Cruise Terminal the morning of departure and delivery to MCO the morning the cruise returned.

You get the same driver for all segments and the price is very reasonable including the tip for the level of service you get.

Sorry folks. Staying in a hotel in International Drive the night before cruising on Disney Dream and staying at OKW in Disney the night i get back. Can i use Disney transport?

Bolna

Sorry folks. Staying in a hotel in International Drive the night before cruising on Disney Dream and staying at OKW in Disney the night i get back. Can i use Disney transport?

You certainly can take Disney transportation from the port to OKW. On the way there, you need to get yourself to the airport. You can take Disney transportation from there. But since you will most likely need a rental car to get to your hotel on I Drive, why not get a car that you return at Port Canaveral. Saves the 35 $ per person for the Disney transfer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom