News David Duffy named Vice President, Live Entertainment at Walt Disney World Resort

gerarar

Premium Member
Don't everyone get your hopes up too high. While it's nice that he seems to have done good things at DLP, unless his appointment came with a budget increase, then nothing will be changing in entertainment. Remember all the cuts in entertainment we have had have been for one reason only, to save money. Somehow I just can't see Disney turning on the money faucet.
Festival of the Lion King is still missing 2 of its performers/dancers, but at this point they've pretty much determined that the show doesn't need those missing dancers (I think it's fine, but would be nice regardless to return to the original).

I'm pretty sure BATB Live is pretty much the only show that has "fully" returned to its full cast (surprisngly).

Not sure about Nemo however since they've completely redone the show after it came back. F! varies night to night, but one character was cut from the steamboat at the end. MK stage shows changed post-closure. Think that covers all the live shows at WDW.

jaklgreen

I hope that he is allowed to use his creativity. It makes you wonder if it is really the person in that position or is everything that they put forward shut down due to "costs".

Lilofan

Don't everyone get your hopes up too high. While it's nice that he seems to have done good things at DLP, unless his appointment came with a budget increase, then nothing will be changing in entertainment. Remember all the cuts in entertainment we have had have been for one reason only, to save money. Somehow I just can't see Disney turning on the money faucet.
If he is a Yes person then that may be a reason for his promotion.

ToTBellHop

Did he have anything to do with PTN? Or was that all Steve Davison?
  • Tale of The Lion King Stage Show, Disney California Adventure, June 2019
  • Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge Grand Opening Celebration, Disneyland Park, June 2019
  • Mickey’s Mix Magic Fireworks and Media Spectacular, Disneyland Park, January 2019
  • Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (Formerly Disney Parks and Resorts) D23 Keynote Presentations; multi-years at Anaheim Convention Center and Tokyo Disneyland
  • Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout Grand Opening Ceremony, Disney California Adventure, June 2017
  • Frozen- Live at the Hyperion Stage Show, Disney California Adventure, May 2016

1692970499117.gif

So I’m sure Journey of Water will get a fabulous opening ceremony with rain and stuff.

jrhwdw

He did Mix Magic and the Frozen show at DCA. Let’s hope he refined his skills in Paris…
If he did Mix Magic, how long was in Paris? Just for the 30th??? I think he did better in Paris with Dazzling Christmas Parade(if that's his work), the return of Disney Dreams and everyone loved Dream...And Shine Brighter, even though the Dancers shouldn't have been in Merch/Jogging Suits IMO........

If TDO wanted to keep things the way they are, why the Personal Change? Unless, the last Person(who we don't know) was fed up with TDO not advancing? At the beginning of Summer, there was a rumor of Trolley Dancers returning, maybe he can get that done? As far as Castle shows, HEA's already back so he doesn't need to do that... the only thing cut from the stage were some characters from Most Merriest.

As far as a Night Parade...Sounds like TDO was already thinking about one before this move. Whether he will give TDO the help they need on this, who knows????????

jrhwdw

Yes Festival of Fantasy needs to be replaced. But it sounds like the next thing in line is a nighttime parade. Ideally both a daytime and nighttime parade, but you know $$$.
I think a Night Parade and FOF at Full Cast is needed more than an all new Day Parade at this point....

bpiper

Festival of the Lion King is still missing 2 of its performers/dancers, but at this point they've pretty much determined that the show doesn't need those missing dancers (I think it's fine, but would be nice regardless to return to the original).
Are you sure it's only two? When I saw the show in December, they only had two of the four stilt walkers. They were also missing four of the animals.

TTA94

If he did Mix Magic, how long was in Paris? Just for the 30th??? I think he did better in Paris with Dazzling Christmas Parade(if that's his work), the return of Disney Dreams and everyone loved Dream...And Shine Brighter, even though the Dancers shouldn't have been in Merch/Jogging Suits IMO........

If TDO wanted to keep things the way they are, why the Personal Change? Unless, the last Person(who we don't know) was fed up with TDO not advancing? At the beginning of Summer, there was a rumor of Trolley Dancers returning, maybe he can get that done? As far as Castle shows, HEA's already back so he doesn't need to do that... the only thing cut from the stage were some characters from Most Merriest.

As far as a Night Parade...Sounds like TDO was already thinking about one before this move. Whether he will give TDO the help they need on this, who knows????????

I wouldn’t mind WDW getting a copy or Dazzling Christmas Parade. If not MK then DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom