Dark ride based on the Disney Christmas special "Prep and Landing"

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
A bit of info: "Prep and Landing" was a wonderful Disney Christmas special that got VERY good Nielsen ratings, even outdoing the perennial Rudolph The Rednosed Reindeer, which is somewhat phenomenal. And more importantly, it's very good. Has more real Christmas spirit and magic than any Christmas special since...well, Rudolph. And it's the first project from Disney Animation that really hit it out of the park.

So here's my idea: "Prep and Landing" should be made into a dark ride, where guests are characterized as trainees for Prep and Landing squads, and as part of their training, they have to pass a simulation test (like the simulation tests the military uses in real life). Guests could be seated in cars that look like sleighs, maybe cars that run on overhead tracks a la the Peter Pan ride, and take a turbulent journey with the reindeer on Christmas Eve, dodging obstacles and struggling through a blizzard and finally successfully landing on a roof. Maybe the interior of the ride building could look like a wintry sky, with snow falling. There could be elf and reindeer AAs that greet and instruct guests. Ancillary buildings could house a candy/bakery shop and toy shop. It could all be AWESOME.

As I noted in another thread, I'm a Christmas junkie, and a lot of other people are Christmas junkies. If WDW built a ride as per the above, you'd couldn't keep me away! :xmas:

(And if any Imagineers read this, and are inspired by this, there will be no quibbling from me. I don't want money or credit. JUST BUILD THE THING. That'll make me happy).

Omegadiz

I actually really like that idea. It goes with the story and sems to have the magic of a "real" dark ride. i say real because all those theme parks out there are taking things from Disney. how many times have you fount the teacups or a variation??

The real question is where would it really go?
it could go to Epcot in the Germany or US pavillion, or Peter Pans Flight could get an overlay for the holidays i guess?

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
I actually really like that idea. It goes with the story and sems to have the magic of a "real" dark ride. i say real because all those theme parks out there are taking things from Disney. how many times have you fount the teacups or a variation??

The real question is where would it really go?
it could go to Epcot in the Germany or US pavillion, or Peter Pans Flight could get an overlay for the holidays i guess?

I was thinking of it being added to Fantasyland. It seems fitting somehow.

Omegadiz

^yeah but not all year round.. it would be interesting durring the christmas events but most people wouldnt understand the ride in the summer.

jt04

I was thinking of it being added to Fantasyland. It seems fitting somehow.

I have always thought they should add a Noth Pole/Christmasland stop on the WDW Railroad. It could be an isolated stand alone land in the area north of the new FLE. It could be built so no backstage areas are seen at all. I think it could be amazing and would be a great response to the wintry potter theme at uni. There is plenty of land also, to do justice to the concept.

Omegadiz

Wow i always thought of a wintery type land as well! but, by the time i become (hope) an imagineer i wanna use that land for a real fantasy that doesnt limit itself to princesses and faries. I was thinking a land that focuses on knights and beast and another plot of land for a villains area. i think an overlay works best

Magenta Panther

Original Poster
I have always thought they should add a Noth Pole/Christmasland stop on the WDW Railroad. It could be an isolated stand alone land in the area north of the new FLE. It could be built so no backstage areas are seen at all. I think it could be amazing and would be a great response to the wintry potter theme at uni. There is plenty of land also, to do justice to the concept.

Oh, that is a cool idea! You're right, that would separate the ride from the rest of FLE, and thus the change in scenery, with snowy roofs and all, would be much less jarring. And what could be better than traveling to the "North Pole" by train, kind of like the Polar Express? You really took my idea and plussed it!

Edit: Disney's got a cute site for Prep and Landing, complete with a "training video" for Prep and Landing squads. Check it out:

http://disney.go.com/partners/prepandlanding/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom