Dang, drunkytown has been moved.....

jaklgreen

It's not really the drinking that bothers me, it's the congregating in the pathways. UK and Germany are almost impassable on the weekends. They need to set up pathways like they do during the parades so people can still get through in those areas.

Goofyernmost

It's not really the drinking that bothers me, it's the congregating in the pathways. UK and Germany are almost impassable on the weekends. They need to set up pathways like they do during the parades so people can still get through in those areas.
They probably do have them, however, inebriated folk have a tendency to not follow direction very consistently.

Dj Corona

The congregating in the pathways I completely understand, especially at night when whatever band is playing let's out at the American Pavilion, but even more so for people trying to get their spot for Illuminations at night when F&W is in full effect, it is quite the, for a better term "mess"!

BigRedDad

I call it Broketown if you go there to get drunk. It would cost over $100 easily to get drunk with those prices. Drink at hte resort...it cost less and you are already close to home.

Horizons1

I call it Broketown if you go there to get drunk. It would cost over $100 easily to get drunk with those prices. Drink at hte resort...it cost less and you are already close to home.
Better yet. Stay club level, you'll get all the booze you want.

image.jpg

ABQ

Gotta say, though he may very well be drunk, he's doing a pretty good job at scaling that pavilion without falling down. Though maybe he did and that's why the video was cut so short?

wdwjmp239

Been there on a Friday or Saturday night during the event? Especially those that sneak in extra liquor on top of it. It's a pretty apt name for it. Daytime is usually ok though.

Drunkytown is a pretty good name for the F&W festival at night. Because of the fact that my wife and I have kids, we tend to vacate Epcot before dinner time (6ish) because that's when the boozehounds start invading and head over to the Magic Kingdom to watch the fireworks over there. This year, however, we just avoided Epcot altogether.

betty rose

It means I have no idea what this tread is about, expect for being somewhat entertaining.
Is it about the length of the F&W festival?
Is it about adults vs kids visiting?
Is it about people getting drunk?
Is it about football stadiums more appropriate place to drink?
Is it about the cost of beer?
All of the above!;)

Tom P.

FWIW, my wife and I were there during F&W this year with our five young children. We were in Epcot at night on multiple nights. And we didn't see a single person who was acting inappropriately, nor did we have any trouble at all.

Granted, we spent most of our time in Future World, so we weren't in the heart of F&W itself. We did walk all the way around World Showcase once (in the daylight), though, it seemed crowded but otherwise nothing out of the ordinary.

ElvisMickey

Just throwing in my 2 cents...I love World Showcase. At 11 AM. And NOT during Food and Wine. For someone who loved going to Pleasure Island in its heyday, I find myself easily annoyed at Food and Wine. I think it's a combination of the crowds (which the older I get, the more I'm not a fan of in general) with the World Showcase bottlenecks and potential obnoxiousness that you may encounter. I'm also not a foodie where I want to try anything and everything they offer. So to sum it up, I'm in the camp that finds Food and Wine overrated. People DO love it though, and to each their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom