News D23 Expo 2022

Lilofan

We go to pointe orlando all the time with friends to Capital Grill.. Aside from going to Taverna Opa it is fairly dead.. These places are going to be very popular!!
Pointe Orlando is a failed concept. Owners thought they could capitalize on the thousands of business travelers that stayed on I-Drive . Now business travel is picking up but nowhere near pre Covid. Last time I visited Pointe Orlando day and night it was a ghost town and staff were just standing around seeming bored.

erasure fan1

On a related note, has there been any discussion about whether the Mario Kart ride is being redesigned at all for Orlando? The concensus around the Japan iteration seems to be that they missed the mark on what people actually want from a MarioKart ride . . .
Not that I have heard of. The ride does look fairly meh, but it seems like it was targeting a younger audience.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

What do you think about this guy? Made some good points. Just a little biased but sums things up pretty well, I thought.

He's just a person with a vlog. He'll occasionally get a good tip that he tries to parlay into meaning that he's an insider... he's not. And it's not hard to pass judgement on dumb stuff that everyone agrees is dumb and thus look insightful. He's a member of this forum! And flamed out of here when his lack of insideriness was called into question.

I can't think of any vlogger in which you'll get more inside information and insight than you can find on these forums. Tho, some do a good job showing what's happening in the parks when we're not there, or acting as an aggregator of information like Jack does.

Br0ckford

He's just a person with a vlog. He'll occasionally get a good tip that he tries to parlay into meaning that he's an insider... he's not. And it's not hard to pass judgement on dumb stuff that everyone agrees is dumb and thus look insightful. He's a member of this forum! And flamed out of here when his lack of insideriness was called into question.

I can't think of any vlogger in which you'll get more inside information and insight than you can find on these forums. Tho, some do a good job showing what's happening in the parks when we're not there, or acting as an aggregator of information like Jack does.
This was the first time I ever watched him as I was going down the rabbit hole on you tube. Just curious what people thought.

Disney Glimpses

Maybe @disneyglimpses can answer this. For a big event like D23 why wasn't there any major announcements. For a company making big bucks from Genie+ they sure aren't spending it.
I think a few reasons. In reality, they are just coming out of recovery mode. A lot of planning was paused over the last 2 years. There probably isn't much to announce that's that soon. Also, they have a history of over promising and under delivering, which I think is also happening here.

I do think the next Parks panel in a couple of years will be much better.

Jrb1979

I think a few reasons. In reality, they are just coming out of recovery mode. A lot of planning was paused over the last 2 years. There probably isn't much to announce that's that soon. Also, they have a history of over promising and under delivering, which I think is also happening here.

I do think the next Parks panel in a couple of years will be much better.
With saying that my guess is a lot of the planned things that were announced for Epcot like Mary Poppins, Spaceship Earth refurb and The Play Pavilion are now dead. It's unfortunate if thats the case.

Speaking of over promising and under delivering the blue sky stuff is just that. IMO they should never have mentioned any of that as it over promises and will definitely under deliver.

bhg469

Pointe Orlando is a failed concept. Owners thought they could capitalize on the thousands of business travelers that stayed on I-Drive . Now business travel is picking up but nowhere near pre Covid. Last time I visited Pointe Orlando day and night it was a ghost town and staff were just standing around seeming bored.
It is definitely not a ghost town. There are a few very thriving restaurants but also a bunch of empty spaces. Icon park is essentially the same thing just better resttaurants. I have no doubt that pointe Orlando will be very popular again soon though.

mysto

They announced two areas that will need attractions. They didn't announce the attractions themselves, but they'll need 2-4 new rides for the stuff they announced in the coming years. I actually think beyond Big Thunder and Dino retheme were pretty big announcements.

Skepticism is of course warranted.

Jrb1979

They announced two areas that will need attractions. They didn't announce the attractions themselves, but they'll need 2-4 new rides for the stuff they announced in the coming years. I actually think beyond Big Thunder and Dino retheme were pretty big announcements.

Skepticism is of course warranted.
They didn't announce anything. Those so called lands were all "what ifs". They are basically ideas they have that will most likely not happen.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

Second the praise for DSNY. Jack does a great job.

Bob Harlem

On a related note, has there been any discussion about whether the Mario Kart ride is being redesigned at all for Orlando? The concensus around the Japan iteration seems to be that they missed the mark on what people actually want from a MarioKart ride . . .

Nearly everything in nintendo world will be kid friendly, so it's going to pull in that, which I believe the primary reason it's done like that. The sets and interactivity is great. It's one of those rides I definitely want to try in person before I knock it though because the videos don't seem to really give you the context correctly.

Although the comment about Nintendo being a draw really kind of highlights how Disney's attitude to it is probably going to wind up being like potter. The fact that alone will steal a good deal people over for at least a day is being missed, and Disney will probably have some knee jerk misguided reaction to it after it opens and winds up doing so just like after Potter. (Although at least Pandora was great, SWGE is mixed, but what is good is good) Remember the big comparison then was New Fantasyland to Hogsmeade.

I'm also interested in the Celestial hub area of Epic moreso than a lot of the lands, Universal can do great original stuff.

lazyboy97o

Nearly everything in nintendo world will be kid friendly, so it's going to pull in that, which I believe the primary reason it's done like that. The sets and interactivity is great. It's one of those rides I definitely want to try in person before I knock it though because the videos don't seem to really give you the context correctly.
Mario Kart has a 42” height requirement, it didn’t need to be so tame. Even Yoshi’s Adventure has a 36” height requirement.

matt9112

Mario Kart has a 42” height requirement, it didn’t need to be so tame. Even Yoshi’s Adventure has a 36” height requirement.

Although I agree that the requirements seem unnecessary a normal 3 year old is tall enough for yoshi. It’s not like there alienating the base here….

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom