D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

kunjiklub

here's another option which is frequently on sale for 34.99. I purchased a few and the quality is solid with glass. You do have to hammer or drill in the hooks but easy to do.

flutas

Attachments

• IMG954528.jpg
    IMG954528.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 173

flutas

On the other, I guess the "public" will get a variant for the 40th?

Maybe similar to the pins they did with the epcot logos.

2019 D23 has them as LE pins (I think 1,250?).

Then they released similar but different ones (I think just a color change) as LR at the park.

trainplane3

Maybe similar to the pins they did with the epcot logos.

2019 D23 has them as LE pins (I think 1,250?).

Then they released similar but different ones (I think just a color change) as LR at the park.
Ah ya, those were in different packaging. I think that's the only difference. Once they hit the park they were sold as singles.

flutas

Ah ya, those were in different packaging. I think that's the only difference. Once they hit the park they were sold as singles.
Sounds right.

I just knew they did some minuscule change that made it almost scam level in my mind between the D23 release and Parks release.

DreamfinderGuy

Sounds right.

I just knew they did some minuscule change that made it almost scam level in my mind between the D23 release and Parks release.
The D23 ones were icon color on silver, the general public ones were silver on icon color. Packaging was identical, with the exception of the D23 box set (which contained an exclusive flower emblem and EPCOT logo pin along with the rest of the icons), which never got a general public equivalent.

trainplane3

The D23 ones were icon color on silver, the general public ones were silver on icon color. Packaging was identical, with the exception of the D23 box set (which contained an exclusive flower emblem and EPCOT logo pin along with the rest of the icons), which never got a general public equivalent.
Huh, I never noticed that somehow when comparing pictures.

DreamFinder1983

Ugh. I’m just a little more than miffed here… but I can’t even be miffed directly at Disney for this as it is an issue with USPS. Because I reside in Canada, I could not personally have these posters shipped to my residence, so I would buy these posters and then had a friend in the US receive them for me, to then forward them to me via tracked international mail with USPS. Which, until “recently”, has worked just fine for me!

So, I had my friend collect up the most recent four posters for IllumiNations, Harmonious, Spaceship Earth and Imagination (ouch… big sting knowing this one isn’t in my hands). Then, as per usual routine, he mailed them out sometime in the middle of February. It then hit the USPS facility on February 25th and there it stayed without a single update for weeks, which turned into months. I tried calling to figure out what the issue was and obviously they had no idea so all that was recommended was to get the sender to submit a missing mail search request which was initiated on April 11th. To this day, not heads nor tails has been heard back on this situation… I believe my friend plans to visit the USPS facility based on the zip code where it most recently was stopped on February 25th without being updated and ask around about it and what the issue is.

He resides in New Mexico, and he seems to think that there may have been a stoppage on outgoing international mail due to reasons related to the pandemic. Which I find a bit strange since I don’t really see why that would be, certainly have no issues sending mail internationally from here, but there may be something there I am unaware of (perhaps others could shed some light?) but apparently there was also some issue regarding the truck the four poster tubes (with four individual tracking numbers) were on, not being scanned into the system or something like that… no idea! Such confusion regarding this and I am quite agitated as I really would be heartbroken to know these are definitely lost forever based on whatever this nonsense was about! I don’t want my Figgy poster to never show up!! Not to mention the $400 for the four posters that just go right down the tubes as well… :(

Perhaps somebody can give me some suggestions or thoughts regarding this… but honestly, I’m not exactly sure what further can be done other than what we’re doing already.

Anyway, I suppose lastly, I just wanted to put a curiosity/thought out there… I think it would be pretty neat if they continued these serigraphs with the designs they didn’t end up doing (and maybe some favorites or popular ones they did do — The Living Seas!!) in the metallic inked bigger sizing for EPCOT’s 40th anniversary this year. I know it’s probably quite wishful thinking, but I don’t really see a better time or occasion than that if there were ever to be a time to complete the series!

And now I shall return to worrying myself sick over where my four serigraphs are… T-T

FigmentFan82

They say "posters" but the image is of the pins that have been releasing for months now. Is there something else I'm missing?
View attachment 660588
I took their writing at face value, they may be incorrectly reporting this. I guess we wait and see if something new does indeed emerge or if it was all false from the start. The same article does show 40th branded pin stuff so maybe something like that?

hopemax

Here's the Disney Pins Blog video of the MoG display. It clearly shows this display of poster pins are the ones from MoG. They are on a table showing other MoG pin series and releases.

Meanwhile, the display board showing the Epcot 40th pavilion pins and map, were in a different section of the preview area, and clearly marked as being park releases.

If there are going to be park versions of the poster pins, what was displayed at the pin event isn't proof of it. They only showed MoG posters and Epcot 40th park pin previews. No park pin posters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom