D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

Acidslug

Alright y’all, I’ve been MIA lol. I’ve not really kept up with the posters since last December’s serigraph release. Can someone catch me up to speed lol. IIRC, they’re releasing both lithographs and serigraphs and the serigraphs are smaller than the ones that were released last year?
The serigraphs are larger then the ones last year. 24x36 and are on black paper. lithographs are smaller.

DreamfinderGuy

Alright y’all, I’ve been MIA lol. I’ve not really kept up with the posters since last December’s serigraph release. Can someone catch me up to speed lol. IIRC, they’re releasing both lithographs and serigraphs and the serigraphs are smaller than the ones that were released last year?
They're releasing four serigraphs quarterly for each world, and they're bigger than last year's. Also has some new tricks, like metallic inks and stuff. Everything is being rereleased as a litho (with the exception of Poppins and World Celebration, again), but only 16 total serigraphs this time. 10 serigraphs have already been released, one is available now, and there are 6 more to go.

The following have been released so far:

Nature:

1) Journey of Water
2) Soarin'
3) The Living Seas
4) The Land

Discovery-

5) Guardians
6) Wonders of Life
7) Horizons
8) Mission Space

Showcase-

9) Ratatouille
10) Gran Fiesta Tour (Available Now)

We have two left for Showcase and four left for Celebration. Also, these are limited release now instead of limited edition. They go up on the third monday of the month and stay there until the end of the month, after that they're printed and shipped. A lot less of a bloodbath than last year.

Captain Barbossa

Thanks all. I could’ve sworn that the serigraphs were gonna be smaller. Guess I got them mixed up with the lithos. I’ve pretty much run out of space for anything big and still haven’t framed and hung my Land serigraph from last year lol. I still keep my eye on eBay though for Illuminations. There used to be anywhere from 10-12 on there, but that number has shrunken to 6, and the cheapest is still $450.

Thanks all. I could’ve sworn that the serigraphs were gonna be smaller. Guess I got them mixed up with the lithos. I’ve pretty much run out of space for anything big and still haven’t framed and hung my Land serigraph from last year lol. I still keep my eye on eBay though for Illuminations. There used to be anywhere from 10-12 on there, but that number has shrunken to 6, and the cheapest is still $450.
I've been watching them too. It's one of the prints I'm still on the hunt for as well.

Been tracking the sales on ExpressoBeans which has figured out how to record the actual sold price on Make Offer and Best Offer sales when they sell for less than asking price (Ebay started hiding that a while back). Someone negotiated one down to $240 back in June. Someone else picked up a Harm/Illum combo for $435. A third sold in a Harm/Illum/MC matching # combo for $799.

6mo average sold price has trended down & seems to be holding steady @ $405 (not counting those combo sales above) which partially explains why all the others are still sitting there.

Need some of the scalpers to cowboy up and actually list a few "For Bid". Then we'll see some real action.

CaptainAmerica

I've been watching them too. It's one of the prints I'm still on the hunt for as well.

Been tracking the sales on ExpressoBeans which has figured out how to record the actual sold price on Make Offer and Best Offer sales when they sell for less than asking price (Ebay started hiding that a while back). Someone negotiated one down to $240 back in June. Someone else picked up a Harm/Illum combo for $435. A third sold in a Harm/Illum/MC matching # combo for $799.

6mo average sold price has trended down & seems to be holding steady @ $405 (not counting those combo sales above) which partially explains why all the others are still sitting there.

Need some of the scalpers to cowboy up and actually list a few "For Bid". Then we'll see some real action.
These eBay guys have the pipelines all gummed up, and I don't know what their strategy is. They are never, in a gazillion years, going to get $2,000+ for Mission: SPACE. Assuming many of them are professional resellers, are they content to just sit on inventory for years and years?

trainplane3

Wait a bit longer.

These eBay guys have the pipelines all gummed up, and I don't know what their strategy is. They are never, in a gazillion years, going to get $2,000+ for Mission: SPACE. Assuming many of them are professional resellers, are they content to just sit on inventory for years and years?
Exactly. They're just sitting on them since they think the hype for the series as big as it was in mid-late 2020. At this point, mostly everyone has what they want and those that don't are content with waiting for a good deal to come up. You can thank the massive failure of the September 2020 release for the prices. Before that, you could get a Living Seas or Mission: Space for $200. After, those were a easy $1k. Heck, Maelstrom was fetching $1.1k for a bit.

The market needs to adjust. Or they need to go to Van Eaton and sell them that way.

CaptainAmerica

Wait a bit longer.

Exactly. They're just sitting on them since they think the hype for the series as big as it was in mid-late 2020. At this point, mostly everyone has what they want and those that don't are content with waiting for a good deal to come up. You can thank the massive failure of the September 2020 release for the prices. Before that, you could get a Living Seas or Mission: Space for $200. After, those were a easy $1k. Heck, Maelstrom was fetching $1.1k for a bit.

The market needs to adjust. Or they need to go to Van Eaton and sell them that way.
I literally offered r*db**lb****e $5,000 for the 10 he has listed and he shot it down. I won't be making the same offer again.

What was the failure of the September 2020 release?

trainplane3

I literally offered r*db**lb****e $5,000 for the 10 he has listed and he shot it down. I won't be making the same offer again.

What was the failure of the September 2020 release?
RoE, Harm, and Millennium Celebration came out as they should have. However, it was 9/7 aka Labor Day. Instead of them getting pulled when they sold 300 each like normal, they stayed up for over 2 days. People, like me, got screwed for ordering them right around release time while others that ordered them Tuesday at noon got them with no issue. ShopDisney told me and others "they sold out when the order was made". Right, sold out at 3:05am EST. I believe Land and Imagination hold the records for selling out. Land was about 30 minutes and Imagination was less then 45.

Also, a specific club of members threw a fit (as they rightfully should have). This lead to posters getting pulled early in some cases later on and then quickly put back up. Or just never reappearing so some haven't even sold the full 300. Harmonious is an excellent example. Some got it with the original release, then it got released as a D23 exclusive, and last month it popped up in Epcot to hopefully sell off the rest.

Same thing almost happened in October with Land, Kitchen Kabaret, and Soarin' but they did the right thing. Nuked all orders and put them back up at 3pm EST the same day.

People noticed the date and time these released (was slightly picked up on from the August release but there wasn't much impact). They also realized the ones they missed so resellers went crazy with markup as people were trying to piece together the previous bits of the collection. Up until August, you could almost get all of them until 7am EST (except Imagination). After, good luck after 4am EST (World Showcase was the exception, would hang around for days sometimes).

And that's where we are today. $1k+ M:S, Moanas, SSE's, etc. are still out there collecting dust.

trainplane3

Wasn't Play one that never sold the full 300? It was up for at least a week before it was finally pulled.
I don't remember with that specific one. I remember it being up for a while as well.

There's a very obvious pattern to the 2020 run anyways.
Classic attraction? Sells well.
Loved attraction? Sells really well.
Attraction/show that doesn't exist and no one knows anything about it? Slowly sells.
World Showcase? Slowly sells.
Put Figment on it? Sells out even before the majority have figured out release times. Because Figment.

CaptainAmerica

I don't remember with that specific one. I remember it being up for a while as well.

There's a very obvious pattern to the 2020 run anyways.
Classic attraction? Sells well.
Loved attraction? Sells really well.
Attraction/show that doesn't exist and no one knows anything about it? Slowly sells.
World Showcase? Slowly sells.
Put Figment on it? Sells out even before the majority have figured out release times. Because Figment.
I mean there's also the fact that the Future World designs just looked cooler than the World Showcase designs, for the most part. Mission Space, Gran Fiesta, The Land, Imagination, and Energy are the stars IMO.

The "professional" part of your assumption is being generous 😆. People who are are professional sellers of anything: 1 - actually end up selling their wares at some point; 2 - are in tune with and know how to read the market for their goods/services.

Trainplane3 nailed it on the head with his responses above.

1st rule in negotiating (he who has the most time typically has the upper hand) will determine which way the prices ultimately go. Until they need the sale more than the 1700%-2700% mark-up, we'll likely see them continue to hold out hope someone flush with cash caves to desperation.

In the meantime we can all look forward to the upcoming Limited Releases and the opportunity to get the larger versions of the same prints with metallic highlights for @$100. Excited to see how they look as all the upcoming ones have some great potential for the use of metallics.

ImperfectPixie

The "professional" part of your assumption is being generous 😆. People who are are professional sellers of anything: 1 - actually end up selling their wares at some point; 2 - are in tune with and know how to read the market for their goods/services.

Trainplane3 nailed it on the head with his responses above.

1st rule in negotiating (he who has the most time typically has the upper hand) will determine which way the prices ultimately go. Until they need the sale more than the 1700%-2700% mark-up, we'll likely see them continue to hold out hope someone flush with cash caves to desperation.

In the meantime we can all look forward to the upcoming Limited Releases and the opportunity to get the larger versions of the same prints with metallic highlights for @$100. Excited to see how they look as all the upcoming ones have some great potential for the use of metallics.
As a real-world example...

I have a shop where I sell things that I make by hand. I put up a one-of-a-kind woodcarving that I made several years ago for $225. I could have used the money, sure, but I wasn't desperate for it, so I let it stay listed at that price for several months - and it sold at that price. It didn't "cost" me anything to have it around, as it was just sitting on a shelf in my livingroom, so waiting for it to sell at the price I wanted was no big deal.

CaptainAmerica

As a real-world example...

I have a shop where I sell things that I make by hand. I put up a one-of-a-kind woodcarving that I made several years ago for $225. I could have used the money, sure, but I wasn't desperate for it, so I let it stay listed at that price for several months - and it sold at that price. It didn't "cost" me anything to have it around, as it was just sitting on a shelf in my livingroom, so waiting for it to sell at the price I wanted was no big deal.
My contention is not "it will take a very long time to sell Mission Space at $2,500." My contention is "Mission Space will never, in a million years, sell for $2,500." Leaving it listed at that price is not sticking it on the shelf for several months, it's committing to hold it forever, such that one wonders why they even bothered to list it in the first place.

ImperfectPixie

My contention is not "it will take a very long time to sell Mission Space at $2,500." My contention is "Mission Space will never, in a million years, sell for $2,500." Leaving it listed at that price is not sticking it on the shelf for several months, it's committing to hold it forever, such that one wonders why they even bothered to list it in the first place.
I agree 100%. Another big difference is that my carving cost me a few dollars worth of wood and my time...I didn't make any kind of investment in it that came from my bank account.

begood524

This is probably just me being impatient, but has anyone seen any movement with their Ratatouille posters? I was charged for mine early last week but still have not seen a shipping label created or anything!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom