D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

wonkabars7

My initial thought on this latest Disney cash grab extravaganza was that the collectible value of the initial run of these would take a huge hit, which stinks as a collector. But the more I think about it, I don't think there will be much of an impact in that regard, it actually might increase value of the first ones we stressed and bonded over.

The 'variant' is a tad arbitrary in many ways but the black paper vs. silver, as well as the size and various ink differences will only make the original limited run as even more desirable, much like what the various 'limited' reprints of the infamous Disneyland screen prints over the years...the larger prints, replicating the era of Fantasyland, Matterhorn, Mr. Toad, etc etc...all those have done is make the OGs stand out even more amongst the piles, while still letting the general masses have opportunity to get the art on the wall. It seems like a win-win for both collectors and Disney heads alike, if I'm being honest.

The smaller litho/matted stuff is not my cup of tea, but should have been THE way they rolled out this wonderful series of art from the get go...everyone should have been able to obtain this art in a smaller and more affordable way from the start. Glad they are finally making these available for anyone to wants them, cheap as possible. (They are probably making the most $ profit on this format, nothing more than some Kinko's quality ink jet, but good for them).

trainplane3

Gotta hand it to Disney. They find a way to charge more for the non-LE prints. That being said, I’m all in for some of the ones I missed.
The serigraphs are larger and using different inks so I think it justifies the $10 increase. Lithos in general were usually around 30-40 anyways, I believe.

Lithos aren't my thing especially after dealing with serigraphs but I'm glad for the availability.

I still think this is the best outcome.

michmousefan

Doesn't appear that the limited edition posters will be individually numbered this time... and also anyone can order up to ten(!) of them at a time... so, yeah. Will be interesting to learn how many of each they end up producing. Not sure how we would discover that number, though.

Mesa Azul

100% in for a Living Seas LE. Psyched it’s getting another edition. I’m tempted to grab the smaller matted version, but I’ll wait for the bigger screen print.

wonkabars7

Doesn't appear that the limited edition posters will be individually numbered this time... and also anyone can order up to ten(!) of them at a time... so, yeah. Will be interesting to learn how many of each they end up producing. Not sure how we would discover that number, though.
'Limited' is now not literal, its a marketing buzz word with these...its a timed edition..basically folks can pony up more dough for a nice version over the lithos of what they want, nothing more.

trainplane3

Actually...
I was given permission to share the following:
- Serigraphs and lithos will be done by Cyclops
- The serigraphs WILL be hand numbered once the run is done. If Moana sells 143, it'll be out of 143.
- The attraction title and Epcot logo will be in metallic ink
- The UV ink is "interesting". It's an additional layer over the entire poster that creates some kind of "movement".
- The black paper is supposedly much "heavier", kind of like a "leathery" finish.
- ShopDisney completely butchered the release. Should've had more detail like above, better images, and even a launch page.
- This is a long-term, multi-year release (obviously) for serigraphs. Moana this month, X next month, Y the following.
- Everything will see a re-release.
- ShopDisney gave them a $100 price. Should be MUCH more because the margin on these is extremely tight. SD also said "$90 posters will never sell" at one point.
My info and not my sources:
- If ShopDisney did their job properly, some random person on the internet wouldn't have to share the info like this. You guys are seriously bad at this.

Shared on the FB page as well^

Last edited:

Dr.GrantSeeker

Actually...
- The serigraphs WILL be hand numbered once the run is done. If Moana sells 143, it'll be out of 143.
- The UV ink is "interesting". It's an additional layer over the entire poster that creates some kind of "movement".
- The black paper is supposedly much "heavier", kind of like a "leathery" finish.
- ShopDisney completely butchered the release. Should've had more detail like above, better images, and even a launch page.
- This is a long-term, multi-year release (obviously) for serigraphs. Moana this month, X next month, Y the following.
- ShopDisney gave them a $100 price. Should be MUCH more because the margin on these is extremely tight. SD also said "$90 posters will never sell" at one point.
- If ShopDisney did their job properly, some random person on the internet wouldn't have to share the info like this. You guys are seriously bad at this.

So are these actually better than the originals? Or is that subjective?

griffin ferrari

Actually...

Any info on the smaller matted ones are they a timed edition and or numbered?

Crazydisneyfanluke

Actually...

When your source said "re-release" are all posters being released in the new larger size as well as the smaller one? or just the a few large ones and all small?

Definitely trying to figure out if I want to buy certain ones in the larger size and the rest in the smaller size.

trainplane3

When your source said "re-release" are all posters being released in the new larger size as well as the smaller one? or just the a few large ones and all small?

Definitely trying to figure out if I want to buy certain ones in the larger size and the rest in the smaller size.
It was my understanding they'll get a serigraph (large) release at some point. When, no idea.

Any info on the smaller matted ones are they a timed edition and or numbered?
Didn't ask but I assume everything is timed.

trainplane3

Money hungry SOB’s. 😀 Nice for folks who missed out on them. In reality, they should have released the original series like this, take the orders which will dictate its popularity.
ShopDisney (merch teams/whoever) literally said $90 posters won't sell. Then when they did, Cyclops had to fight to raise the run to 200 and then again to 300. SD is seriously terrible at measuring interest as we can see.

So now they said to sell these posters at a MUCH lower cost then what they should be because they're afraid they still won't sell. I don't think Moana will sell well but the upcoming ones...well...they'll be raking in quite a bit.

Seems like the are doing all the future world prints in the smaller sizes and then releasing one of the 12 more popular ones each month (by neighborhood) in the larger limited release size.

Weird thing is they mention that the prints will change quarterly (despite fact that there are 4 LRs this go-round), so maybe world showcase will be included.
I'd be curious to see if we see two LE releases a month... one the first half and one the second half. That'd allow for 23 or 24 LE prints this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom