Current Backlot Tour

FettFan

Well, enjoy it, I have a strong feeling that it isn't long for the 'Disney' World. Just a hunch... no insider information there at all.

If I treated my dog the way Disney has treated the Backlot Tour....even Michael Vick would be all like "HOLY DAMN, SON!"

tumblr_mwg06lWDE31rwpbbxo1_400.png

Goofyernmost

If I treated my dog the way Disney has treated the Backlot Tour....even Michael Vick would be all like "HOLY DAMN, SON!"

tumblr_mwg06lWDE31rwpbbxo1_400.png
In all fairness though, the Backlot Tour stopped being anything other then a way to get people all the way out to Catastrophe Canyon after Disney/MGM stopped being a working studio. It had no purpose and no use after that. It died a long time ago, they just forgot to bury it.

Penelope

It is beyond disappointing (and I know stated across the forum many times) that DHS doesn't step it up a bit and make better use of the park, in particular the Backlot tour. I agree the tour was very fun in the early 1990s, especially when the CMs interacted w/ the guests. I can't understand why Disney doesn't do more at DHS, let alone w/Backlot tour. I remember when the sound stages even filmed actual shows….that is long long gone.

Goofyernmost

It is beyond disappointing (and I know stated across the forum many times) that DHS doesn't step it up a bit and make better use of the park, in particular the Backlot tour. I agree the tour was very fun in the early 1990s, especially when the CMs interacted w/ the guests. I can't understand why Disney doesn't do more at DHS, let alone w/Backlot tour. I remember when the sound stages even filmed actual shows….that is long long gone.
I believe that they will, they have to if it is going to survive. When? Is the Million Dollar question. My guess is after the tall blue smurfs in DAK and before Epcot boards up another building or closes sections like my grandparents used to do in the winter to save on heat. From November to April everyone was in the kitchen. Epcot is starting to look like my Grandparents house to me.

That area currently wasted with what remains of the Backlot tour and much of the other things that encompass that area, could be used to build another Carsland or even a Starwarsland.

FettFan

Johnny 5 is in the prop warehouse???? How have I never seen him???

He was not there in April. Love Johnny 5 and no way could I have missed.

@marni1971 to the rescue! He just uploaded a new segment to his history of the Backstage Tour, and Gold Johnny 5 can be seen at 30:19 of Part 2, in the 1996 version of the tour in the Jim Henson Creature Shop exhibit featuring 101 Dalmatians. And, just as I remember, he's sitting on the upper catwalk just to the right of Tock from Return to Oz.
Part 1, The Tram Tour/Walking Tour:

Part 2, The Animation Studios and Changes:

Part 3:

Mad props to Martin...he's really knocked it out of the park with this one. He even included what could very well be the best copy in existence of Robin Williams' and Walter Cronkite's "Return to Neverland".

EDIT -- Now that the Backlot Tour is gone forever, perhaps a re-title to this thread is in order? "Backlot Tour: Stories and Memories" or something? How about it, @The Mom?

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
I'm going to be moving my Chromecast dongle up to my office TV this week, so I can watch Part 2 (and 1 again) on something larger than a computer monitor. So awesome!

KLinder7

Speaking of current status of backlot tour...For work, we had an event at HS on 3/11/15 (I'll have to go into details in another thread/post) with dinner at Indy and keeping Star Tours/Midway Mania open for us. I went in a back entrance and the bus literally dropped us off where you would hop on the backlot tram. All the vehicles from the boneyard are still there and didn't see much of anything under construction or ripped apart.

HakunaMatata89

I thought they closed Backlot Tour

if you check the dates on the posts you'll see the ones since it closed are just people remembering Backlot tour.

i loved BLT and volunteered a few times for it. seeing all the old props was always fun and of course the break from walking for a few moments

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom