Curious: Haunted Mansion Dooney & Burke?

mousefanwhat?

Original Poster
I was just wondering if anyone forked over the big bucks for the HM limited edition D&B purse? Loved it, couldn't bring myself to pay the price. I've seen them try to sell on ebay for a grand. Seems a little crazy.

BrittanyRose428

I just looked at it on eBay, because I've never seen it before! Do you know when Disney sold it and how much they charged for it? I would love to own it, but I don't have the extra $1,000 laying around for a Haunted Mansion bag. I can't believe I missed that when it was being sold.

HouCuseChickie

I just looked at it on eBay, because I've never seen it before! Do you know when Disney sold it and how much they charged for it? I would love to own it, but I don't have the extra $1,000 laying around for a Haunted Mansion bag. I can't believe I missed that when it was being sold.

They came up for sale several months ago- very briefly. Oddly, one random one popped up for sale through the Disney Store the other week, but it was gone pretty quickly. I want to say retail was $330.

The HM bag wasn't me, but I was on the fence about the IASW Dooney that came out more recently. I wanted to love it so much, but sadly- didn't love it enough to drop the $.

They came up for sale several months ago- very briefly. Oddly, one random one popped up for sale through the Disney Store the other week, but it was gone pretty quickly. I want to say retail was $330.

The HM bag wasn't me, but I was on the fence about the IASW Dooney that came out more recently. I wanted to love it so much, but sadly- didn't love it enough to drop the $.

BrittanyRose428

That makes sense as to why I haven't seen it. Those bags are not exactly an impulse purchase for me, so if it was only a limited time thing that would be why I never saw it before. I have one of the cross body ones that is great for trips to WDW, it fits everything I need and is small and close to my body so it doesn't really even need to come off for rides or anything. All the other ones I have a hard time justifying as worth spending the money on... maybe eventually, when I'm not a poor college student anymore lol.

HouCuseChickie

That makes sense as to why I haven't seen it. Those bags are not exactly an impulse purchase for me, so if it was only a limited time thing that would be why I never saw it before. I have one of the cross body ones that is great for trips to WDW, it fits everything I need and is small and close to my body so it doesn't really even need to come off for rides or anything. All the other ones I have a hard time justifying as worth spending the money on... maybe eventually, when I'm not a poor college student anymore lol.

The prices some of the people on ebay charge for the limited edition bags is insane. The Haunted Mansion seems to be going for the most, but any of the marathon related bags also fetch a hefty price tag. I think the new pattern being sold at Flower & Garden is also selling on ebay well above retail for the same reason. The IASW DD is the only other ride based bag I've seen since the HM themed one came out.

mVsZwEe3VqJjpCMwFEuyzwg.jpg

I want so much to love it, but I just don't.

I have a Disney charms letter carrier...good for a light day in the parks...but not really functional for day to day. Part of me is considering the sketch backpack since I like having something for my camera gear, but I don't think I'd use it much outside of Disney trips. I'd like them to come out with a pattern I really like and then offer it in the messenger style. The only one for sale on ebay right now is in the Paris pattern...and there's just no way I'm paying $500 for the bag below...

mOPtu0u_Zjdg_JMtMib_1zA.jpg

And while it may be hard for you to justify a new bag right now, there will be plenty of time for that. When I think about how much fun I had in college...I'd definitely say a bag can wait :)

HouCuseChickie

It just surprises me how much people charge for these things and I'm glad I'm not a purse/bag girl.

You're quite lucky you're not. Expenses with the kids help me fight my urges to buy bags with any great frequency, but it doesn't stop me from window shopping and plotting my next acquisition.

mousefanwhat?

Original Poster
They went on Sale in September of last year then re released in November. I think they were $330-$350. You could only purchase one at a time. I didn't know it was happening, I found out in January. lol I really want one but can't spend a grand on a purse! I hope they re release them again this year!

rlabofish

I just purchased one last week at Downtown Disney. They had 3 at the Co-Op and I purchased the last one after going back several times. It was hard to fork over the $380 but I'm not sorry I did. I was told that when they do get them in they go very fast. Even at that price they did sell all the inventory in less than 2 days.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom