CUPCAKES

westie

I've read people on the boards raving about them but I have reservations just because there are already half a dozen places to get a pastry in dtd. I've already got a personal bet with the wife that the hat store will be out of business by feb.

GiveMeTheMusic

Sprinkles is certainly better than any of the existing options in DTD, and it's been a bit of a SoCal fad that's past its peak popularity. The cupcakes are generally really good, but you certainly pay for the privilege. The best part is the 24 hour cupcake ATM.

Californian Elitist

I just came from Sprinkles, yet again, over the weekend. The Sprinkles red velvet cupcake is a gift from God, as well as the red velvet ice cream.

I agree that its popularity has waned. When they first opened in Beverly Hills, people went nuts over it. Now lines are much, much shorter, but it's still popular.

TP2000

This is a fad way past its prime. It was a trendy thing up in Portland around '09, the concept arrived in SoCal around '12 and was super trendy for two years, and now its old.

It feels like Downtown Disney is getting kind of desperate. Al Lutz/Miceage said this new VP woman was brought in from the merchandise dept. to redo this old mall, but so far all that's happened is major retail/entertainment tenants have left DTD and dying fads and additional Starbucks have taken their place. What is TDA doing here exactly??? :confused:

SSG

Original Poster
I just looked on the Sprinkles webpage. Who would want an Olive Oil cupcake?

Stevek

I just came from Sprinkles, yet again, over the weekend. The Sprinkles red velvet cupcake is a gift from God, as well as the red velvet ice cream.

I agree that its popularity has waned. When they first opened in Beverly Hills, people went nuts over it. Now lines are much, much shorter, but it's still popular.
We went to the one in Newport Beach about a month ago...line was out the door. Still very popular in the OC at least. Best cupcakes I've had.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom