Crowds last week of April

rickdrat

My daughter's Spring Break falls the week after Easter on the last week of April. Any thoughts or insights as to crowds? I think this falls somewhere between the "true" Spring Break and Grad Nights so I was hoping we might find some moderate crowd levels that week.:veryconfu

Thanks.

Disney_Belle

My daughter's Spring Break falls the week after Easter on the last week of April. Any thoughts or insights as to crowds? I think this falls somewhere between the "true" Spring Break and Grad Nights so I was hoping we might find some moderate crowd levels that week.:veryconfu

Thanks.

We were in WDW April 26 - May 3 of 2010 and the crowds at the beginning were kind of busy. Nothing outrageous, but more than we are used to as we usually go during the slower times (that trip was planned about a month before we left). But toward the end of our stay they seemed to thin out.

We were still able to do everything we wanted and enjoy all of the attractions and had time to spare.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Since Spring breaks are still taking place at that time, I think it's a given that the last week of April will ALWAYS be busy. The question, IMO, is only on whether it will be moderately busy, or extremely busy. In this case, Easter falls on April 24, so I would say that the last week of April this year will quite possibly be very busy. It may be a little less busy when Easter falls at the end of March or early April, but with it so late, I would ventuer to guess that this will affect attendance at WDW in a way that you won't like.

Upvote 0
Since Spring breaks are still taking place at that time, I think it's a given that the last week of April will ALWAYS be busy. The question, IMO, is only on whether it will be moderately busy, or extremely busy. In this case, Easter falls on April 24, so I would say that the last week of April this year will quite possibly be very busy. It may be a little less busy when Easter falls at the end of March or early April, but with it so late, I would ventuer to guess that this will affect attendance at WDW in a way that you won't like.

I agree with this. We went last year the third week in April and the crowds weren't too bad. However, one year we went the week after Easter(It was around the second week in April) and it was PACKED! So my guess would be since Easter is late this year, it will be packed the last week.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

I went the last week of APril last year and it was great but this year because Easter was so late we opted to go the first week of March. I looked at the crowd levels at touring plans and I think it was an 8 on the last week of April.

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

I agree with the previous replies We have been the last week in April/first week in May the last three years and it has been great, both weather and crowd wise. However when we saw the dates for Easter this year we decided to change to May, the week after Easter is normally extremely busy.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
With easter falling in the last week of April I would prepare for larger crowds. Easter day is almost always very, very busy.

Upvote 0

rickdrat

Original Poster
Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the days after Easter are not the best crowd-wise, so I may just reconsider. Daughter has a 4th grade field trip to WDW in 2012, so we may just hold off for that.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Thanks for the responses. Sounds like the days after Easter are not the best crowd-wise, so I may just reconsider. Daughter has a 4th grade field trip to WDW in 2012, so we may just hold off for that.

I wouldn't cancel a trip altogether just because of crowds. I would rather go to WDW and work around the crowds than to not go at all and have to wait another year for the next trip (and who says that your daughter's field trip in May won't fall in a busy time, or won't get cancelled for some reason?). I have been there before when it's really busy and hot, and while those conditions kind of suck, I was still at Disney having a blast.

Upvote 0

tink@heart

A few years ago we visited the last week in April/first week of May and the crowds were manageable but more than we would have preferred. Plus we were dealing with Grad nite weekend and some cheerleaders too.
Using touringplans helped immensely to plan our days and schedules. And remember, even with crowds.... you are still amidst the magic.

Upvote 0

EvilQueen-T

you also have the cheerleading allstar worlds competition the last weekend of april (fri-sun). they have competitive cheerleaders and dancers (high school and college age) from all over the world competing that weekend. they're kept pretty busy and tend to stay and watch each other compete especially on sunday for finals but if you plan any time at wws you'll want to adjust. and no they're as bad as when pop warner is there in the winter.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom