Crowds in late August ?

Mia22

our next trip is August 20th. It many years since I last visited in August can anyone comment on the average crowd level at this time please ? I found it quite busy in our October/November trip.

baggienath7

we went this year in August and i must admit it was alot busier to us compared to September and June (the two other times we've been) however, it is VERY manageable aslong you plan your days and don't get too bothered by crowds, but whenever you go its busy. enjoy

Upvote 0

BrianV

We go every few years in late august, and were just there august 23-26. The crowds are pretty good. The later in august the better. Many many schools are back early august, but as a Bostonian, we don't go back until September.

As for the heat, it doesn't bother me. 90+ and humid is much more enjoyable in disney than in boston. Do be warned that sudden thunderstorms can put a damper on water park days.

Have fun.

Edit: I should add that since you are used to October crowds, we find them quite comparable. Maybe a little lighter in august than October.

Upvote 0

Mia22

Original Poster
Thankyou for responses I'm hoping the lack of events ie f&w mvmhp mvmcp will have an impact on crowd levels. I remember the daily afternoon storm and quite enjoyed it. Also hoping the hotter weather will entice non aquatic species of my family to visit typhoon lagoon with me

Upvote 0

jody31

Probably quite crowded ,I always find at Disney that the crowds really kick in in the afternoon ;so try to get in as many rides as you can before lunch

Upvote 0

wdwfan4ver

The crowds weren't too bad for most parks in the time of August I went as long it is not during the weekend. I was at WDW during the last full week of August to the day after Labor day. Magic Kingdom is going to crowded no matter what.

During the week, AK wasn't too bad for crowds. The crowds at AK wasn't even bad on Labor day. AK Cast member told a party member that AK has 15,000 guests on August 24th and was on pace to get 12,000 guests on August 25th. The cast member wasn't a bus driver either according to the party member.

Epcot isn't that bad as long as you go when that park first opens. Soarin' and Test Track was under 20 minutes for over an hour after it open when I was down there as long it wasn't on a weekend.

I can not address Disney Hollywood Studios because there is more stuff closed down there now than it was when I was there and it is very possible even more stuff would be closed after the holidays. That means DHS would have less crowd capacity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom