Crowd Noise During Pre-Shows

Raineman

Original Poster
Was there ever a time that people actually stayed fairly quiet to listen to what was being said during pre-shows on some attractions? I haven't been to WDW in a while now, but all of the videos I've seen since then, and even the last couple of times I went, it was very noticeable. The stretching room in HM seems to be one of the worst spots for that. I wouldn't expect people to remain silent, but sometimes it can be hard to hear everything.

Raineman

Original Poster
It's a breach of etiquette that does seem to get worse all the time. When I was a kid going to Disney in the 80s, I don't remember people talking during preshows at all.

Degradation of society as a whole IMO
It almost has that feel of modern entitlement-"I don't care about the people around me, I'm gonna do what I want." Similar to the idiots who take pictures with a flash, or are looking at their bright phone screens, when on an attraction.

AndyS2992

Can’t think of any really from my last trip other than the usual Haunted Mansion reciters 🙄 People talking loudly about nonsense on It’s a Small World is getting out of hand though, we ride it a lot as it’s a personal favourite however every single ride was ruined by young women talking throughout the whole thing. If they were talking about the ride, their trip, Disney etc then I can over look but it’s not. Don’t even get me started on vloggers and live streamers answering comments loudly or narrating the entire ride out loud.

JIMINYCR

Maybe it is that with the passage of time people are ruder but I think along with that is that people are no longer “ in awe “ with what they are being presented with. Years ago Dis was special and the guests were not as worldly. Now everyone has experienced so much from tv, videos, movies, and realistic games that they aren’t focused on what’s special going on in front of them. Very little holds their attention for long. Then you just have those who want to be the center of attention and can’t keep their traps shut so others can enjoy.

PSUDisney77

There are still first time WDW guests (Children, adults) who are in awe, so why should those who are not spoil it for those who are. Sad how inconsiderate so many people there are

This. I've been to WDW several times but am looking forward to my child experiencing it for the first time next month. Hope there are not obnoxious folks but of course, there probably will be at least one.

Chef Mickey

Was there ever a time that people actually stayed fairly quiet to listen to what was being said during pre-shows on some attractions? I haven't been to WDW in a while now, but all of the videos I've seen since then, and even the last couple of times I went, it was very noticeable. The stretching room in HM seems to be one of the worst spots for that. I wouldn't expect people to remain silent, but sometimes it can be hard to hear everything.
Only in Japan.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Why does this not happen in Japan? It seems degradation is limited to American and other Westernized cultures. It is definitely strange and super noticeable. The lack of respect we have for others in public is simply unbelievable.

Public comportment has devolved to the lowest common denominator so you get exposed to the crass, vulgar, and rude as that's what passes for manners and "civilized" public behavior. Its "freedom" of expression vs the normal Japanese societal norm of public shame where the nail that sticks out gets hammered. Its not unusual in Japan for random strangers to approach and reprimand others for bad behavior.

Cmdr_Crimson

This is where you just had with it your day..It's hot, tour groups chanting/clapping, you get elbowed in the head, somebody is breathing down your neck in the humidity...Their about to start the pre show..And you just had it and say.....

monykalyn

Here now and was worried after reading so many things but-Guardians twice, HM twice and no talking in preshows (or very low with parents trying to reassure little ones) and.no pushing thru Guardian doors early. Which was great as we hadnt done guardians. Overall havent even seen many rude guests including the teens.

TalkToEthan

I mentioned it elsewhere but we were pleasantly surprised in HKDL that people quietened down for pre shows (and even main shows)

explained by monolithic cultural attributes

(……..just as when HK opened in 2005 during the Chinese New Year timeframe hundreds swarmed the gates and jumped fences.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom