Credit Card used for incidentals...

DaddyDisneyMan

When checking into the resort (We are Pop Century) we have to give a credit card for incidentals. I understand how that works, we have done it at other hotels around the country. Many hotels put a $100 hold on your card until you check out. I read on my online check in that Disney (correct me if I'm wrong) puts a $500-$1500 hold. I DO NOT want to give my debit card, because I do not want a major hold on my card and my credit cards only have a limit of $300. What do I do?

Rob562

Ah ok, I thought everyone was saying that you had to.

If you leave a credit or debit card, even if you don't open a room charge account, it allows for express checkout. When you don't leave a card on file, you're supposed to visit the front desk to check out.

-Rob

Upvote 0

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
Can you add the cash or gift cards to just one of the persons KTtW card so only they can use it?
I think the only way to do this would be to only give charging priviledges to the person you want to use it. I don't know of any way to set aside part of your room charge account to one person in your group, but you can restrict which KTtW cards have charging priviledges.

Upvote 0

Adam5897

I think the only way to do this would be to only give charging priviledges to the person you want to use it. I don't know of any way to set aside part of your room charge account to one person in your group, but you can restrict which KTtW cards have charging priviledges.
Ok, thanks! And how much are tips if they are not included in the DDP for sit down meals? Does that automatically get added to your room bill? And if your using a credit card for your KTTW is it paid off automatically? Sorry for all the questions guys this is my first time planning. :)

Upvote 0

RedDad

Ok, thanks! And how much are tips if they are not included in the DDP for sit down meals? Does that automatically get added to your room bill? And if your using a credit card for your KTTW is it paid off automatically? Sorry for all the questions guys this is my first time planning. :)
Tips are not included in the DDP, and they are pretty much up to you. In the past we have used cash or a separate credit card for tips. Depending on which resort you're in, you can charge up to the limit ($500/$1000/$1500 for value/mod/deluxe) before they will actually charge the card on file. Others have reported that the tips charged to the room don't show up in your room balance until checkout, though I can't verify this.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Oh, and you can call up to the front desk to obtain your balance at any time. Once you reach the limit for your resort, they'll charge the card and you start over.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

You can always go down to guest services every day and have them print up you list of charges. You can also pay as you go that way too if you want to pay with cash the stuff that you charged for that day.

Upvote 0

RedDad

Yes, I believe they just charge the card on file once you reach the limit of $500. Once its paid off you can start over with a zero balance

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom