Credit card disney

Charlie2014

Original Poster
Hey there travelling to Florida from London I'm staying at pop century I hear you need to check in with a credit card I personally don't own one will the reception accept my girlfriends mothers card over the phone? Thanks

HRHPrincessAriel

Hey there travelling to Florida from London I'm staying at pop century I hear you need to check in with a credit card I personally don't own one will the reception accept my girlfriends mothers card over the phone? Thanks
I would be kinda shocked if they did....I can't see them turning away cash but they might make you pay for it up front since no CC

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Most hotels that don't charge by the hour require either a credit card or hefty deposit in the event you cause damage to the room, or run up a bunch of room charges. I've never seen a hotel take a credit card over the phone other than to hold the first nights stay.

Baxatan

Disney resorts take payment in full at the time of check-in for your stay. You can pay for that with a credit card, debit card, gift cards, or cash. You don't need a credit card to check in (just a valid photo ID). Without a credit card on file you won't be able to charge back to the room using your MagicBand, but you can just use cash to pay on property instead. They will not be able to take a credit card over the phone.

rt06

You'll want to request a credit card authorization form (sample). Major hotel chains provide this in the case of, say, an all expense paid trip. Haven't done this with Disney though.

smk

Pay cash at check in, or have the whole rip already paid off when you check in, then there is no need for a credit card. You will have pay for all your meals in cash and whatever you buy there, but the credit card issue will not be a problem if your room is already paid for.

RScottyL

If you don't have a credit card, a good idea would be to get a Disney Gift Card.

Put money on it, so you don't have to worry about carrying cash!

You can use that to pay for and buy just about anything!

ratherbeinwdw

I use my credit card to pay the deposit for my room and my daughter's room over the phone with no problem.
I never put my card on file with them. I usually pay cash for the room when I arrive. The only exception might be that you must have a card to do online check in. The people who went with us in May had problems when they arrived because they had charged the room to their card, but they had told them they would be paying cash. The cm's said that online check in goes straight to your card. It took almost half an hour to get a credit, which of course doesn't go in for a couple of days. I on the other hand, did on line, but was asked if I wanted to leave it on the card or pay cash. I guess it's whoever you get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom