Credit card charge?

Sparkle81

Original Poster
So, I made all of my ADRs back in May, for our upcoming trip. I've just received my credit card bill today and apparently, a charge showing as 'WDW Dine Tickets, Lake Buena Vista, FL' was made a couple of weeks ago. I guaranteed all of my dining reservations with a credit card as it asked, even though we have the standard dining plan. Looking at the amount, it seems to be adding up to the cost of our CRT reservation. Is it possible that I've been charged for that (even though I selected dining plan as my payment method option when I made the reservation), although it's happened a couple of months after I booked it? So random!

Jae99

Yes I would call as well. When I booked at the 180 day mark I also booked CRT and mentioned to the CM that although we hadn't purchased the dining plan yet we were planning on it. If I remember correctly the CM mentioned that the payment put on the card would be refunded after we dined at CRT and used the 2 credits from the dining plan as payment instead of paying OOP.

Matt Deitz

You are charged in advance for CRT (among others) regardless if you have the dining plan. Upon arrival to your meal, the credits are taken, and you credit card is refunded. It looks to me they system was slow to charge your card when the reservation was made in May.

docdebbi

Matt is correct, you pay in advance for that and several other things, I think hoop de doo among them, no matter what. then you get refunded when you use the dining plan there.

We use the TiW card and have to pay full price upfront and get refunded the difference when there.

Just one more way Disney gets to take and hold on to your money for as long as possible.

Allygator

I have made these reservations on the phone and have never been charged with the dining plan. I have heard of others making adrs online being charges.

Sparkle81

Original Poster
Thank you guys for your helpful responses :)

@Matt Deitz You were absolutely right. I called to check, and was told exactly what you said- I'll need to tell them at the podium that I'll be using credits, and they'll refund the money. He explained that it's because we have the regular dining plan (1 TS, 1QS and 1 snack per day), and CRT is a 2 credit restaurant so until we get to the restaurant for our reservation, the system won't know if we have enough credits for it (although it is on our first full day of the vacation!). No idea if that's the case, but anyhoo....at least it's mystery solved. He couldn't explain why it had taken so long for my card to be charged, though.

Thanks again everyone for all your help :)

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I'm not saying you aren't correct. I may have missed a change in policy. We go each spring with DDP and eat at CRT each trip. We haven't been charged ahead of time for this reservation once. They do get a credit card guarantee but have not charged us. That is with having more ADR's than we have credits, as we always pay out of pocket for The Plaza. I will be interested to hear other responses to this.

draybook

We've never been charged up front either, but we always use the Free Dining so I don't know if that makes a difference.

71dsp

We've been charged in advance for CRT and the Spirit of Aloha luau each time we've booked with or without the dining plan.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
This is all very interesting to me. We have consistently done both of these with DDP, had to leave a CC # but have never been charged for either. We also always have more ADR's than dining credits as CRT and Spirit of Aloha are 2 credit meals. We pay OOP for the Plaza and one other sit down each trip. I'll be making my next batch of ADR's Dec. 1 and after for our Spring trip. Be interesting to see what happens this time around.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ever since they implemented the charge up front policy for CRT, my card has been charged when I make the ADR. And then refunded - we've done both DDP and TiW.

BigTxEars

We booked the Desert Party in Jan and that has already been charged to us. Mickey wants his loot ASAP :)

I can understand it in CRT as it is so popular they want to ensure guest who book it are going to show up. The $10 thing that works at other ADRs might not work there I guess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom