Cozumel Excursions

21stamps

Original Poster
I'm torn about what to do in Cozumel.

I am not using a DCL excursions for Grand Cayman or Cozumel, we are using DCL for Jamaica.

Here's what I'm debating for Mexico-

Private Isaland Jeep Tour.
Or
Private Island Dune Buggy Tour. (Same tour different vehicles)
Or
Xrail Adventure to Jade Cavern.

Any input would be much appreciated!

Travel party- myself and a 6 year old boy.

steviej

11/3-11/9 on Norwegian. Going to be on the Kiss Kruise! (As in the rock band of guys in the makeup and costumes lol)

21stamps

Original Poster
11/3-11/9 on Norwegian. Going to be on the Kiss Kruise! (As in the rock band of guys in the makeup and costumes lol)
Awesome!!!! I'm sure that will be a fantastic cruise!!!! We are most likely going on the NCL Pearl for Alaska next June.

Pixie VaVoom

DH and I did the Tulum ruins site excursion , from Playa del Carmen, off of Royal Carribean back in 2013. It felt very rushed and hectic, and VERY HOT in February. We had to walk at least a mile from parking to the site (crappy tour guide didn't tell us there was a tram).

That excursion became known among our rather older tour group as the "Death March of Tulum". A fit looking @ 70 year old woman in our tour passed out and had to be carted to the entrance - we joke that she was the sacrifice to the Mayan deities.
Loved the site - we want to go back there - just do it on our own. Not with some crummy guide whose pace is "run run run - now stand in the sun while the guide rests under a tree and lectures to you in front of a ruin". We has all of 35 minutes to ourselves to explore :(

Cozumel itself is great ! The "San Gervaisio" (pardon my spelling) ruins ACTUALLY ON Cozumel, are charming. it was an ancient artist colony. reasonable rates - nice site. I had a blast there.

21stamps

Original Poster
DH and I did the Tulum ruins site excursion , from Playa del Carmen, off of Royal Carribean back in 2013. It felt very rushed and hectic, and VERY HOT in February. We had to walk at least a mile from parking to the site (crappy tour guide didn't tell us there was a tram).

That excursion became known among our rather older tour group as the "Death March of Tulum". A fit looking @ 70 year old woman in our tour passed out and had to be carted to the entrance - we joke that she was the sacrifice to the Mayan deities.
Loved the site - we want to go back there - just do it on our own. Not with some crummy guide whose pace is "run run run - now stand in the sun while the guide rests under a tree and lectures to you in front of a ruin". We has all of 35 minutes to ourselves to explore :(

Cozumel itself is great ! The "San Gervaisio" (pardon my spelling) ruins ACTUALLY ON Cozumel, are charming. it was an ancient artist colony. reasonable rates - nice site. I had a blast there.
That's exactly why I decided against the Tulum ruins. I think my 6 year old would enjoy something with less travel time.

I'm really leaning towards the jeep or dune buggy island tour.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom