Couple of arrival day questions

squidward

Original Poster
Taking a quick 3 day trip to Disney next week. I purchased a MYW base ticket online to pick up at will call, and already have my MagicBand. So, a few questions:

-We'll be going to the park before the hotel. Do I just go to any ticket window with my confirmation number for my ticket and will they put the ticket on my MagicBand?

-If I want to put a credit card on my MB, do I need to check into the hotel first, or can this be done at Guest Relations at the park?

-Last question isn't MB related. I bought a 4 day base ticket, but will only be there for 3 days. If we go to DHS in the morning, can I use a 2nd day later in the afternoon to get into Epcot, or can this only be done with a park hopper?

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Taking a quick 3 day trip to Disney next week. I purchased a park hopper online to pick up at will call, and already have my MagicBand. So, a few questions:

-We'll be going to the park before the hotel. Do I just go to any ticket window with my confirmation number for my ticket and will they put the ticket on my MagicBand?

-If I want to put a credit card on my MB, do I need to check into the hotel first, or can this be done at Guest Relations at the park?

-Last question isn't MB related. I bought a 4 day base ticket, but will only be there for 3 days. If we go to DHS in the morning, can I use a 2nd day later in the afternoon to get into Epcot, or can this only be done with a park hopper?
1. Not sure, but if you purchased a package and not tickets and room separately I think you will need to check into the resort first.
2. I am pretty sure you will need to go to the resort to do this.
3. No. You would need to have the park hopper option. It is a 4 "day" ticket not a 4 "park" ticket.

DVCPluto

To clarify, do you have a hopper? In the first sentence you say that's what you bought, but at the end of your post it doesn't sound like it.

If you have a hopper, feel free to go to as many parks as you like - counts as one day.

If you do not have a hopper, you can only go to one park per day. ;) thanks @squidward

You should be able to do online check-in if staying on property. You can set up your CC there.

Last edited:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
To clarify, do you have a hopper? In the first sentence you say that's what you bought, but at the end of your post it doesn't sound like it.

If you have a hopper, feel free to go to as many parks as you like - counts as one day.

If you do not have a hopper, and you go to DHS in the morning and EPCOT in the evening, that will count as two park days. Think of each day as 1 park admission.

You should be able to do online check-in if staying on property. You can set up your CC there.
It does not work that way. To visit more than one park in a day you must have the park hopping option.

If you were to go to DHS in the morning, you would be denied entry to Epcot if you tried to go there later in the same day.

squidward

Original Poster

If you do not have a hopper, and you go to DHS in the morning and EPCOT in the evening, that will count as two park days. Think of each day as 1 park admission.

I don't have a hopper. I meant to say base ticket.

DVCPluto

It does not work that way. To visit more than one park in a day you must have the park hopping option.

If you were to go to DHS in the morning, you would be denied entry to Epcot if you tried to go there later in the same day.

Oh wow - sorry for the mis-information. It's been a long time since we have used a base ticket, and I never would have thought Disney would put restrictions on how you use the park admissions.

I'll edit my original post. :oops:

FrostyNaples

Taking a quick 3 day trip to Disney next week. I purchased a MYW base ticket online to pick up at will call, and already have my MagicBand. So, a few questions:

In order to charge to your room, you will need to check into the hotel first, they activate that feature.

When you pickup your park tickets for the first time, see if there are any upgrade options for park hopper that may not be advertised, doesn't hurt to ask. (have your confirmation number and photo ID ready)

arko

Oh wow - sorry for the mis-information. It's been a long time since we have used a base ticket, and I never would have thought Disney would put restrictions on how you use the park admissions.

I'll edit my original post. :oops:

magic your way basically made the system a la carte

journ116

Between the MB and MDE, having an actual park ticket is optional, nice to have, but optional. Have you linked your ticket to your MDE account yet? If so, you can skip the Will Call process, because your ticket info will be connected to the MB allowing you to stroll up to a park upon arrival!

As for having charging privileges via MB, I believe Guest Relations inside the park could help you with that…doesn't hurt to ask...unless of course there's a long line, then I'd skip that inquiry ;) Another option: you could simply use said cc for purchases until you get back to your resort and then add it on at the front desk. OR, grab a few Disney gift cards and use them for a bit!

Lastly, @Master Yoda correctly answered your 2 parks in one day inquiry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom