Counter Service w/ more than Fried Sides?

bandman

My wife and I are doing the FTP in July and my wife hates eating fries, fries, fries, at the park counter service restaurants.

What are some counter service restaurants with non-fried sides?

Any Suggestions?

Thanks !!!

16 days and counting !!!

Moustronaut

Cosmic Rays in Tomorrow Land at the MK

They have 3 counters, one for chicken, one for burgers, and one for fresh sandwiches and salads.

Most MK counter service restaurants offer a choice carrot sticks or fries as a side item.

At Epcot, most of the world showcase counter service restaurants have sides native to the land they represent.

Anyway, check out www.wdwig.com and click the dining link for menus for most of the park restaurants

Upvote 0

careship

Can remember when my kids were young.....they ate sides of fruit cups with everything they had everywhere we went. It was a delicious way for them to end their meal.

Upvote 0

BRER STITCH

Most of the Fast Food counters offer carrot sticks as an alternative to fries when you are ordering one of the "value" meals.

We always get a big kick out of that.....but I suppose somewhere outside of our family people really DO eat carrot sticks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Upvote 0

lentesta

Premium Member
I think fruit cups are the standard alternative to fries, and they're nearly ubiquitious. But a judicious choice in counter-service restaurants, especially in Epcot, can ensure you don't even see fries on the menu.

Len

Upvote 0

billybaruch1

Hear, hear! The sooner we can avoid French Fried Potatoes, the sooner the next generation will not be American Couch Potatoes. Your enjoyment may vary! :hurl: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

msteddom

So, let me get this straight....going to WDW is about more than having a great excuse to eat all the french fries I want? What, do they have rides there or something? Bring on the fries!

Upvote 0

kellydisney

I love dining in Disneyworld! :) They have such a huge amount of yummy stuff to choose from! So you will definitely find some healthier alternatives in all parks.

MK - Someone already suggested Cosmic Rays if you want quickservice. They offer chicken as well as the standard fare. You can also get a chicken salad I believe and substitute carrot sticks for fries. And if she wants, she can get a turkey leg, those are so big you don't need a side!

AK - There are two great places in Animal Kingdom to get better food for quick service. Tusker house which has rotisserie chicken and Flame Tree BBQ. Both are awesome.

MGM - After you get off the Backlot Tour, there is a food area where the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground is. It's got tons of healthy alternatives.

Epcot - Around the worlds will be your best bet for better food. I would suggest Tangierine (sp?) in Morocco. You can have some different Moroccan food with couscous as a side.

I'd also check out wdwig.com for the menus.

Have a fun trip!

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I recently ate at the Flame Tree at animal kingdom and with my smoked pork sandwich the side were baked beans and a half cob of corn. It was very good!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom