Countdown to Fun opening

CTXRover

^^It'd be nice, but I'm not holding my breath. The floats at DCA aren't even going to be used for some time given all the construction out there, so DCA can feel free to send them our way if they want (hint, hint). Any word if the PPP floats are still in CA? I imagine they are, but maybe they could consider getting them.

I hope they don't try and announce this as a "new offering" at the upcoming press event. The performers in the parade gave it their all, but with little to work with, I feel bad for them.

I'm still hoping this is some sort of filler for a truly brand new parade, but it isn't looking good....

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
This. Is. Embarrassing.

No other way to describe it. Wow. TDO ought to be ashamed of itself for putting this piece of garbage together and calling it a parade.

While the cast (many of whose faces I recognized from BPB) gives it their all, they clearly seem embarrassed about having to walk up the street holding a bouncy ball and hula hoop. I feel badly for them.

It's a pipe dream, but perhaps they'll realize what a disaster this is and it won't last very long.

themeparkdude

It's sad you say that because BPB was the parade that people who usually skip parades actually enjoyed. Now we have this, thanks TDO and WDW Entertainment, you sure know how to screw up your only good parade.
You do understand the head of Disney Parks Entertainment is based out of TDA right?! TDA must bless whatever goes down the streets.

Skipper03

The "5, 4, 3, 2, FUN!" floats just look like a sloppy product Nickelodeon would put out there... so lame!

But, the Monsters Inc and Toy Story floats are amazing!

dcibrando

in all honestly... the ones that will mostly dislike this parade will be those that saw BPB and compare it to that. Could it be better...OH YEAH...but DHS hasn't ever really had a great parade.

JustInTime

Letdown to fun!

Wow! This is so bad. And I rarely say that about disney at all. This is awful. Those blocky floats are the worst parts. It would have been better if we would have got new floats. Even if they could have been reused floats from DL...

And I never saw BPB in person. And I still thin this is awful...

mm52200

We won't be getting DCA's floats because they are using them in these pop up shows in lieu of no parade. Their interim entertainment is even better than this. Lost Boy thank you so much for that insight! I really appreciate everything you performers do and love that you still give your all even in situations like this. I would rather have BPB back anyday but I know that won't happen. It'd be one thing if they brought in a new parade that wasn't as good. But this is a constant reminder of BPB in every single way and constantly reminds you of the great parade that use to go through DHS and DCA. I was guessing that the final product would be bad. but I never thought it would be this bad.

sponono88

^ Right, DCA is currently re-using the Play Parade floats/props for the new show:

1156778245_goTb4-S.jpg

As for the new parade.. Looks like a cheap imitation of the Pixar Play Parade. At least change the music so it's not a repetitive loop of the opening song :shrug:

Monsterfan99

The sad state of this parade is not even the stunning part. The fact the best parade on property run a few nights a week and debut in 1972 at Disneyland is.

mm52200

I think this gets to the point where the cuts are starting to get unacceptable. People please complain, maybe we'll atleast get some new costumes if there atleast enough complaints...but I doubt it.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
While I give all of the commendation in the world to the performers, that parade and the recycled floats within was cr#ptastic......

disneyfan168

^ Right, DCA is currently re-using the Play Parade floats/props for the new show:

1156778245_goTb4-S.jpg

As for the new parade.. Looks like a cheap imitation of the Pixar Play Parade. At least change the music so it's not a repetitive loop of the opening song :shrug:

Actually they are only using some of the floats that are smaller not the big floats like the Incredibles machine. So I WOULD LOVE IT if they brought those here. This parade is horid.

mm52200

disneyfan168, their parade will return in November, so if they sent them they couldn't really just take them back from us come November. So we won't be getting them.

djkidkaz

Couple things here. I prefer this over BPB due to the fact that I don't have to hear the horrible songs like YMCA or Macarena in a Disney theme park. I kinda like the new song.

The new floats are horrid and ridiculously cheap. Why doesn't Disney put together some brand new floats for the Pixar characters? There are so many great options in the Pixar world for floats, yet we get these?

Why can't the Pixar characters be more in character? It looks odd to see Carl Fredericson and Mr Incredible dancing.

I do not like the cast members outfits in the parade.

Why are the pixar characters in Hollywood Studios when they only have one attraction in the park?

The parade just seems odd because it doesn't really fit the Hollywood theme of the whole park.

Couple things here. I prefer this over BPB due to the fact that I don't have to hear the horrible songs like YMCA or Macarena in a Disney theme park. I kinda like the new song.

The new floats are horrid and ridiculously cheap. Why doesn't Disney put together some brand new floats for the Pixar characters? There are so many great options in the Pixar world for floats, yet we get these?

Why can't the Pixar characters be more in character? It looks odd to see Carl Fredericson and Mr Incredible dancing.

Why are the pixar characters in Hollywood Studios when they only have one attraction in the park?

The parade just seems odd because it doesn't really fit the Hollywood theme of the whole park.

This is what I think is the reason I didn't like BPB and from the video, I don't like Countdown to Fun. However I really enjoyed the Stars and Motor Cars Parade. Just the way they announced everything was very Hollywood like.

mm52200

Really? The only reason you didn't like BPB was because it had the YMCA and Macarena in it? You didn't at all appreciate the acrobats, the live green army men, the great choreography, the show stops, the interactiveness? You'd rather watch repainted BPB floats slowly go by, reused costumes and props from BPB, and a soundtrack from DCA? I mean I like the soundtrack but that's about all it has going for it.

Really? The only reason you didn't like BPB was because it had the YMCA and Macarena in it? You didn't at all appreciate the acrobats, the live green army men, the great choreography, the show stops, the interactiveness? You'd rather watch repainted BPB floats slowly go by, reused costumes and props from BPB, and a soundtrack from DCA? I mean I like the soundtrack but that's about all it has going for it.

The song has been stuck in my head all day, but I cant even enjoy it because I keep thinking of the awful show that now comes with it. I have always been one to see the bright side of the things that Disney does, very rarely criticizing, but this parade is just terrible. :cry:

(Then again I'm not helping because I just booked a trip in march!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom