Could a video game section work in WDW??

jakmckratos

Original Poster
I love games. I love Disney World. It seems that Disney is starting to notice that many of it's fans enjoy games. They ALSO probably would like to stir up some more business in their park getting those in their teens and early 20's(and 30's too) to have more of a reason to come to the park.

I propose a section of WDW dedicated to the love of video games. There could be a Kingdom Hearts ride, a Wreck it Ralph attraction and perhaps some outside talent could come into the World! My vote is for Nintendo. Disney and the Big N seem to have an understandably close working relationship as Bowser appeared in Wreck it Ralph and Epic Mickey first came out on only the Wii. I'd love to see a dark ride in the same vein of a Super Mario Bros level, a Mario Kart ride, a Legend of Zelda attraction(water based...and of course featuring the accursed water temple!!) , a pokemon Snap ride kinda like Toy Story Mania (where we take points of animotronic pokemon and are awarded points), a Star Fox meets Pikmin meets Kid Icarus meets Metroid Indoor roller coaster(I know it's too much but DO A BARREL ROLL!).

Restaurants could include Chef Kirby's Dream World Cafe (Dedede Tenders and Meta Burgers anyone???), Donkey Kong's Rockin Jungle Pizza Shack, and Ice Climbers Ice Cream Palace. Shopping would feature Mario Bros. Trinkets and Gadgets and a Pokecenter.

The piece de resistance would be the night show that takes place in the guise of the Star Festival from Mario Galaxy. We'd gather around with holographic characters(I'm guessing this would be in the future) near Peach's castle as beloved Nintendo classic music begins to play to a firework show. We could see a big pink and yellow bang and know it's Kirby, Arwings taking off into the sky, all while we are treated to a light and fireworks show.

Thrill Seeker

I came up with a 5th gate concept a few years ago called Virtual Kingdom that would include partnerships with many major game publishers (Sega, EA, 2K, Namco-Bandai) and console makers (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony). Video games have become such a big part of our culture today that a theme park devoted to them would be a smash hit.

Imagine riding in a Warthog shooting Covenent down in a Halo attraction, or a musical dark ride following the heroic deeds of Mario saving Princess Peach, or a dueling roller coaster based on the hit fighting game series Soul Calibur? In a word, awesome!

It would also include a large pavilion in the center of the park which is a family friendly E3 showcase where publishers can showcase their latest games for all to see.

Thrill

I think they will buy EA in the next year or so.

Unlikely. EA has a horrendous reputation. Disney has spent a lot on buying companies, but they buy for IPs. Pixar, Marvel, LucasFilm, these are all beloved companies. EA is apparently one of America's most hated. Disney isn't touching that with a 40 foot pole.

jakmckratos

Original Poster
What EA games would they even represent? Dead Space? Mass Effect? A Sim City ride where you wait all day in line for the ride to start only for the ride to break down immediately at launch?

EA would be a mismatch...I think Nintendo or perhaps Sony Would be the best match. It would make a great section in a 5th park....a park about Heroes...one section would be Heroes of the Virtual World! It'd have whomever DIsney partners with along with some representation of Wreck it Ralph or Tron.

Brer Josh

Before we get bogged down in how much everyone hates EA...
- Their share price has risen but is still low for a buyout.
- They are already developing Star Wars titles.
- They are the second biggest Publisher on console and I believe close to #1 on mobile.
- They currently have a bad rep (amongst gamers), this could change with someone like Disney buying them.
- How you integrate? Sports brands become ESPN Sports brands.
- Add content to the Downtown Disney area, wouldn't have to be Parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom