Costumes

amy1985

Original Poster
Hello,

I am wondering what others have gone as before? I had thought of going as Peter Pan, but we are dressing our son as Peter for the kids race so my husband suggested tigerlily. I'm not sure about having such a long dress over my running clothes , so I have been thinking about Minnie Mouse, and wearing black running pants, making a skirt, and wearing a red top with a Minnie headband. I really want to do something creative but don't have any ideas. Any help is appreciated!

Maryssa*

You can easily "edit" any character's costume to be more race friendly. You can make the skirt shorter and wear running pants/shorts under it.

Can we have a general "share your costumes" thread? :)

amy1985

Original Poster
You can easily "edit" any character's costume to be more race friendly. You can make the skirt shorter and wear running pants/shorts under it.

Can we have a general "share your costumes" thread? :)

Thank you. I just thought I could look for a brown tennis dress and add a belt or buy some tech fabric and try to fashion it into a dress ( and wear running shorts under it)

I would love a"share your costumes" thread- it's such a big part of the races.

FerretAfros

As long as your character has one or two defining accessories, it's pretty easy to make some edits to make it running friendly. For Tiger Lily, get the blue headband with the white feather with a red tip (the red tip really does make all the difference), and something brown with fringe on it and I'm pretty sure most people would figure it out. She was a pretty popular choice at Tink and Princess this year, so you may be able to get some ideas if you do a Google image search

I was Flynn Rider for Princess and I'm tempted to do Marvel's Dreamfinder for Avengers but I'm not sure if I can make it work (or if anybody at DLR would have any idea who I was)

Maryssa*

I'm not sure if I can make it work (or if anybody at DLR would have any idea who I was)
I would!! :D

My outfits so far:

Buzz Lightyear. Only thing I made was the skirt.
run_buzz.jpg

Perriwinkle. Made the leaf tunic. My wings lit up and changed colors!
run_perri.JPG

Megara. (excuse huge derp face, this was mile 12) Made the dress. I used medium weight lycra for all 3 of these. It's hard to find moisture-wick athletic fabric in nice colors.
run_meg.jpg

I hope this gives you some inspiration!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom