Costumes MNSSHP

Kcnolan21

Original Poster
My son is 13 (special needs) and we are attending the party in September. This is our first time to Disney and wanted to know what people usually do for costumes? Is it like simple Halloween shirt or an elaborate costume? Do adults get dressed also?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Varies from no costumes, t-shirts, to full on costumes. You don't have to dress up at all and can do as little or as much as you want (minus full face masks for adults and adult clothing that drags on the ground etc) . Me and the hubby usually just wear a WDW Halloween shirt and I wear my Minnie Halloween ears etc that's it. And we even trick or treat too. Anyone can trick or treat adults and kiddos alike. ;)

Daveeeeed

My son is 13 (special needs) and we are attending the party in September. This is our first time to Disney and wanted to know what people usually do for costumes? Is it like simple Halloween shirt or an elaborate costume? Do adults get dressed also?
It’s a ton of fun to get dressed up for the Halloween party at any age. Whatever you guys feel most comfortable in is the best idea. Light costumes IMO are the best thing to wear, but you see everything. Take into consideration the heat as well.

AmandaS.

We have went twice. We usually wear costume tees and my daughter (age 5 ) will do a full costume. We usually pick/make her costume out of cotton or really light fabric. The heat in Sept can be brutal.

DisneyGirl3820

Like others have said, you can wear full costumes or no costumes--anything goes. Many adults dress up--even if it's just minor (like me and my cat ears). My daughter has special needs as well and she hates the feel of typical "costumes" (sensory thing) as well as anything on her head or face paint so we really have to be creative and make sure it's simple but still a costume so she's still part of the action.
The party is so much fun and the fact that you're going to it on your first trip to Disney is terrific. Hope you guys have a great time!

dreamfinder

Many people will do at a minimum a themed shirt. But you will see basic store bought costumes, all the way up the elaborate hand made real high end costumes. If you choose not to dress up at all you won't be the only one, but feel free to enjoy it.

RememberWhen

Last time we went DW, DS4 and I all wore red shorts and black t-shirts with our Mickey ears. I sewed black cord on the back of the shorts and white buttons on the front. Simple, comfortable Mickey costumes.

I am Timmy

My oldest (DS 25 now) is special needs, but he like to go all out and wants me to do it with him. In 2014 he was into Harry Potter, so yes, we wore our Hogwarts full attire at the Disney Halloween party. He was Ravenclaw, I was Hufflepuff. SO MANY CM's said "Welcome Ravenclaw" to him, it was adorable. They really do go the extra mile there! He also cosplays, and some of those outfits cost a lot and are very elaborate, he usually brings one of those for the party. He also lets me know what I'll be wearing, lol. Just have loads of fun, I just know you will. We love the Sanderson Sister's stage show, and the parade and fireworks are excellent.

Bairstow

The best way to get a sense of what people wear to the party is probably to just watch some footage of random people entering one of the parties.
You can see that there's a whole range of behavior- lots of full costumes, even from adults, but also plenty of people wearing normal vacation clothes (it's still going to be hot and humid).

Whenever we've gone, we've sways committed to full costumes, but picked characters that are still recognizable even when you're wearing essentially normal, weather-appropriate clothes. Dipper and Mabel from Gravity Falls, for instance.

KentB3

Me as Peter Pan, at MNSSHP in 2008, just before closing time.
3451223415_882d52c0ee_b.jpg

The Pan unit, sort of! Me with Captain Hook & Smee in Adventureland.
3031668720_b5bee8e3ec_b.jpg

With Alice on the Trick or Treat trail behind the Speedway.
3031675172_d822d9a591_b.jpg

Nice legs Peter! :D I'm sitting on the front row of the parade crowd waiting for Boo To You! to start, after chugging down two bottled waters!
30536840552_0c6879b295_b.jpg

Anyway, you will LOVE Mickey's No-So-Scary Halloween Party! Whenever WDW celebrates both Halloween and Christmas, it seems like you get double the Disney Magic! And dressing up for the Halloween party is half the fun! ;)

Hope this helps! :)

Tk0021

We are going to our first party on 9/1 and my two girls are wearing costumes. Originally they were both going to be Moana, but that phase has ended for one of them. My 4 year old wants to be Belle now, which works because we have 4 different dresses. The adults are wearing t shirts my wife had made like 11 months ago. Haha. She was a little excited about the trip.

GCTales

As noted, you will see everything from no costume whatsoever, through Halloween t-shirts, to full on costuming.

Been to several.. Dressed up twice.. Once as HM ghosts (see my profile pic, @ L) and other.....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 48

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom