Cost

poohster

Original Poster
We visited WDW floriday about 10yrs ago, and really enjoyed it, we are going back this year in octomber to take our 10 yr old son who we didnt have when we went before, we were wondering what are the prices like now for food etc as weve heard its pretty dear now.
Example how much is a bottle of coke or water, when we went before i think it was about $1.00

Cole'sMom

Welcome poohster! The prices have definitely inflated...a lot. A bottle of water is around $2.50 for 20 oz, I believe. Sodas and such you get from the counter service places are around $1.50-$2.30-don't quote me, I don't drink much soda. For a 10 year old, he would be eating from the adult's menu, so it could be anywhere from $6-10 dollars a person for counter service. Snacks will run you around $2.50 to $4. You may want to look into the dining plan for your family. It's $39/person per night of your stay and you get 1 table service, 1 counter service and 2 snacks for each member of your family. It's a good deal and Disney food is incredibly expensive!

Robfasto

Cost of Coke's are 2.00...

On average we figure 8.00 per head for counter service and 25.00 for table service. These prices work for us as we know what we like to eat.

We also tend to get 1 large drink with no ice and share with a couple cups of ice as well as cups of ice water (which are still free, even at Disney).

ImaYoyo

We visited WDW floriday about 10yrs ago, and really enjoyed it, we are going back this year in octomber to take our 10 yr old son who we didnt have when we went before, we were wondering what are the prices like now for food etc as weve heard its pretty dear now.
Example how much is a bottle of coke or water, when we went before i think it was about $1.00
Bottled soda/water (20oz) is $2 (not bad compared to most theme parks) and small bottles of water are $1.25. Food prices are not as bad as some make it seem, if you know where to look. I suggest checking out mousesavers for some extra tips on how to save on food. The dining plan may also be a good option, depending on your situation.

rcapolete

Welcome poohster! The prices have definitely inflated...a lot. A bottle of water is around $2.50 for 20 oz, I believe. Sodas and such you get from the counter service places are around $1.50-$2.30-don't quote me, I don't drink much soda. For a 10 year old, he would be eating from the adult's menu, so it could be anywhere from $6-10 dollars a person for counter service. Snacks will run you around $2.50 to $4. You may want to look into the dining plan for your family. It's $39/person per night of your stay and you get 1 table service, 1 counter service and 2 snacks for each member of your family. It's a good deal and Disney food is incredibly expensive!
It is actually one snack per day per person not two. I just booked it myself and have the broucher infront of me.

poohster

Original Poster
wow, that was quick thank guy for all your comments and advice, not really dont much research at the moment a bit ealry as ill forget all the info when we get there, this may seem like a silly question but what is the dining plan and when can we get it from :lookaroun

Nemo14

wow, that was quick thank guy for all your comments and advice, not really dont much research at the moment a bit ealry as ill forget all the info when we get there, this may seem like a silly question but what is the dining plan and when can we get it from :lookaroun
If you are staying at a WDW resort, it can be booked with a package (room and park tickets)

poohster

Original Poster
yes we are staying at the beach club, can we book it here in the uk or when we get there, as we have already booked our holiday.

Nemo14

yes we are staying at the beach club, can we book it here in the uk or when we get there, as we have already booked our holiday.
You can add it on to your package at any time I believe - there may be a deadline on that, but you still have plenty of time to check it out.

lilclerk

You should be able to have your travel agents add it on for you, mine did. You should at least call to ask =) I loved the dining plan, it was a great deal for us. But since you're not going til October, you may want to check out some of the restaurant's menus and find out more about the dining plan to make sure you really want it.
If you do add it on, I also recommend looking at the menus, choosing restaurants, and making reservations.

poohster

Original Poster
Do you have to have the dining plan for the whole of your stay. Say your staying for 14 nights can you buy the plan for only 7 of them. Also do you have to spend it on what the plan is for, say perhaps we did not want a table service meal one day could we have 2 self service meals instead.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
The Dining Plan is tied to the number of nights' accommodation you have booked. If you're there for 14 nights, you'll get 14 TS, 14 CS and 14 Snack credits per person.

They permitted using TS credits for CS meals when the free dining was available [because restaurants were booked solid, this allowed people without ADRs to still eat with those credits]. Honestly, you don't get value for money when you do that [it's a one-for-one exchange].

The TS credits don't necessarily mean a TS meal has to be booked each day. Some restaurant experiences cost two credits, some one. You can book enough meals to use all your credits and conceivably still pat OOP for TS meals [I know we did last time I was using DDP].

rcapolete

you can use two counter service meals one day and then use two sit downs another day. I think we will do this since we want to do two character meals one day.

Nemo14

Do you have to have the dining plan for the whole of your stay. Say your staying for 14 nights can you buy the plan for only 7 of them. Also do you have to spend it on what the plan is for, say perhaps we did not want a table service meal one day could we have 2 self service meals instead.
As others have said, the dining plan is tied to the number of nights for your stay. For 14 days, did you have to book 2 seperate stays, or is it all one reservation?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom