Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa12000

Gosh where to start apologies if this seems out of place if I had to quote everyone it would take hours!

Firstly, the reporting of deaths in a lump sum is a massive issue and is done differently all round the world. Spain only report deaths in the previous 24 hours now so goodness knows how many they actually have in terms of historical. A lot of Europe only report hospital fatalities leading to lower numbers, in the uk we report hospital fatalities, care home fatalities, other setting fatalities and probables without a positive test but mentioned on the death certificafe fatalities all as one number each day - today we had 124 reported - 4 of them were last 24 hours, another 30 odd were in hospitals over the uk with some of them dated back to early April, the rest were other setting and care home fatalities which are backdated but we aren’t told where from - we get a dated report once a week from the ONS but no one looks at that and so thinks we have 124 deaths in 24 hours! It’s a massive issue imo

On the issue of schools - our reception, year 1,6, 10 and 12 have gone back in England and all years part time in wales with no real issues only the odd case here and there (Leicester mainly) - the government have now mandated that our schools all go back full time in September, no regulation to social distance and class or even full year bubbles recommended for optional year subjects - parents will be fined if they keep their children off school - now parents are still not happy as they want a normal schooling such as choirs, sports etc which haven’t been given the go aheas yet. I think this is the right approach imo as children need to be in school and most of Europe haven’t seen any spikes after schools have gone back

LukeS7

Gosh where to start apologies if this seems out of place if I had to quote everyone it would take hours!

Firstly, the reporting of deaths in a lump sum is a massive issue and is done differently all round the world. Spain only report deaths in the previous 24 hours now so goodness knows how many they actually have in terms of historical. A lot of Europe only report hospital fatalities leading to lower numbers, in the uk we report hospital fatalities, care home fatalities, other setting fatalities and probables without a positive test but mentioned on the death certificafe fatalities all as one number each day - today we had 124 reported - 4 of them were last 24 hours, another 30 odd were in hospitals over the uk with some of them dated back to early April, the rest were other setting and care home fatalities which are backdated but we aren’t told where from - we get a dated report once a week from the ONS but no one looks at that and so thinks we have 124 deaths in 24 hours! It’s a massive issue imo

On the issue of schools - our reception, year 1,6, 10 and 12 have gone back in England and all years part time in wales with no real issues only the odd case here and there (Leicester mainly) - the government have now mandated that our schools all go back full time in September, no regulation to social distance and class or even full year bubbles recommended for optional year subjects - parents will be fined if they keep their children off school - now parents are still not happy as they want a normal schooling such as choirs, sports etc which haven’t been given the go aheas yet. I think this is the right approach imo as children need to be in school and most of Europe haven’t seen any spikes after schools have gone back
You're in a much better position to do so though. The US had 50,940 cases reported yesterday, the UK had 352, so for there, it makes a bit more sense to push for schools to open. Accounting for population differences, the US rate is about 29 times that of the UK right now though, so we should not be going full steam ahead with opening things.

Kevin_W

Thanks for the report. I know France went back to school some time ago but I had not heard about the UK.

Ariel1986

Also masks have never been mandatory over here (in the UK) apart from in hospitals and on public transport. In my experience in my city (a county just outside London) I would say 10% if that wear them and that’s been the same from March through to now. I’d also say people are being very relaxed where I live, it’s almost as if covid never happened right now. The main reminder being with restaurants & pubs having just opened, the lower capacity and social distancing rules being in place in those establishments.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Actually, there are approximately 5. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm. Also important to note, these are all for the entire year. The first COVID-19 death in the US was mid-February, COVID is the #6 yearly cause of death (ahead of Alzheimer's) in just 5 months.

Additionally, of the other 5 (Heart disease, Cancer, Accidents, Chronic lower respiratory diseases, Stroke), none of them are contagious.
Again, if a person has any if those 5, let's say they have chronic lower respiratory disease, and they die from something such as car wreck, their death is counted as a...wait for it ....car wreck. Their death is not counted as chronic respiratory disease.

The same cannot be said for a person who does from a car wreck but tests positive for Covid. Their death is labelled as covid.

lazyboy97o

Again, if a person has any if those 5, let's say they have chronic lower respiratory disease, and they die from something such as car wreck, their death is counted as a...wait for it ....car wreck. Their death is not counted as chronic respiratory disease.

The same cannot be said for a person who does from a car wreck but tests positive for Covid. Their death is labelled as covid.
No, this is just not true. It is fraud and no doctor is going to risk their license to make things scary, much less the thousands of doctors who would have to be in on such a conspiracy.

oceanbreeze77

You're in a much better position to do so though. The US had 50,940 cases reported yesterday, the UK had 352, so for there, it makes a bit more sense to push for schools to open. Accounting for population differences, the US rate is about 29 times that of the UK right now though, so we should not be going full steam ahead with opening things.
exactly this. Thats what makes the US response so frustrating.

oceanbreeze77

This is NOT true. Its just not true

LSLS

That was proven false months ago. That is not happening, and most likely deaths are being underreported according to most studies. Still waiting on your list of about 25.

Jenny72

The fact is, it's not at all a simple matter to attribute a cause of death to one thing, unless it's really obvious (e.g., hit on the head by a falling piano). If someone's area is hit by a hurricane, and because of delays they fail to get their usual medical treatment for kidney disease, is that a death by hurricane or death by kidney disease? There are no answers. The same is true for flu deaths: sometimes the flu exacerbates an existing problem, so how do you label it? It's my understanding that for the most part the medical profession is trying to be consistent with previous practice, which is to say: not everyone will do it the same, and there's often not a clear answer, but one tries to adhere to best practice. So it gives the big picture but there's never really one number of deaths that is precisely "correct."

Add in a lack of testing and a lack of understanding of what this disease can do and it's very difficult. You just have to watch for trends and try to make the best of a quickly changing picture.

lisa12000

Okay yes but this was not decided yesterday but a couple of weeks ago when our casss were 1200/1500 a day still and it was due to public pressure about schools really (boris is a populist he will go wherever the public opinion goes) - I just feel that the damage children are feeling is worth the tiny risk about going back to school first time. We are seeing a rise in bad behaviour, mental ill health, distress and a report has suggested that when the children went back to school they had lost the art of playing and generally being children - it’s distressing to see! Of course there is resistance amongst the unions and councils I mean some of our parish councils have only opened up children’s playgrounds today and said that children have to wear masks and gloves! Some are refusing to open up at all and that will be the same with schools - some of our councils are rather militant!

lisa12000

That was proven false months ago. That is not happening, and most likely deaths are being underreported according to most studies. Still waiting on your list of about 25.

it is happening in the uk! There are too many reports from families who have insisted Covid is taken of their family members certificates when there was no reason to believe they had it and they’d had no test! Not saying it’s a conspiracy but over here putting Covid means that there doesn’t have to be a post mortem and a doctor doesn’t even have to go into a care home to sign it! - so it’s for quickness

LSLS

it is happening in the uk! There are too many reports from families who have insisted Covid is taken of their family members certificates when there was no reason to believe they had it and they’d had no test! Not saying it’s a conspiracy but over here putting Covid means that there doesn’t have to be a post mortem and a doctor doesn’t even have to go into a care home to sign it! - so it’s for quickness

Link up some articles and studies so I can take a look.

DisneyOutsider

Ivy League just cancelled all fall sports. You may say, Ivy League, so what....but they were the first to halt basketball in the spring too.

I still maintain that football ain't happening this year. They will try, of course... But it ultimately will be halted.

schuelma

I still maintain that football ain't happening this year. They will try, of course... But it ultimately will be halted.

agreed. best case scenario is a truncated, regional schedule for conferences where the virus isn't out of control. But even that is unlikely IMO.

lazyboy97o

It's not hard to find, nor are the other articles that support the same claim, which you and several others here say is "NOT true".

Thank the maker that you are here to tell us ,"it's not true". Otherwise we would fall for the shenanigans of the media. Smh. You've been played. From day one. Youve been played.
“Ezike said that the state is being careful to make sure to weed out deaths where the patient had COVID-19, but died in a manner completely detached from the virus, such as gunshot wounds or motor vehicle crashes.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom