Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I feel what the governor said indicates Disneyland won't close
Because it’s not mandatory or because it wouldn’t qualify? He is asking for social distancing including not having any crowds where it’s not possible to allow 6 feet of distance between people.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Disneyland Paris wasn't required to follow the france rule, since it's an outdoor space.
what about the indoor spaces at the parks.

Newsom has clarified that the parks are exempt from the crowd limit.

Disney needs to imagine the consequences if one of its parks becomes the center of a cluster. Not closing as soon as possible is the height of stupidity.
why cancel public gatherings with 250 people but exempt ones with tens of thousands of people.

LSLS

For what it's worth, I've heard the NHL has asked teams for their arena schedule through july, so they are definitely expecting (hoping?) To be back up and running within a month or so.

Ilovewishes

I’m a Brit currently living in Germany due to fly to WDW in 48 days for a trip that has been booked for 2 years. Needless to say this is causing me major stress as I’ve no idea if I’m better off sitting tight and seeing what happens or biting the bullet and rescheduling.

Chef Mickey

Disney closing is just one of many closures to make and it’s a slippery slope.

As one example, Vegas would need to be closed, for sure. All of it.

All other theme parks. All cruising.

All museums, art galleries, and malls.

Restaurants, movie theaters, and all events are not far behind, perhaps with a little less travel element, but not zero.

Then you have grocery stores, businesses, and countless other means of gathering.

I understand Disney is kind of a hub, but with the banning of Europe travel, what’s so much different than leaving your house? I stood in line to return something at Walmart...it was a zoo in there.

You start closing everything, the stock market is going to drop another 50% and then I’m not sure you’ve stopped this.

Last edited:

Fordlover

I don't drive.

You're late to this thread, aren't you?

Stay tuned to the exclusive thread @wdwmagic set up here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/coronavirus-covid-19-walt-disney-world-operating-status.963821/

Agreed. But don't venture into a Coronavirus topic unless you're prepared to shake your fists at humanity. Actually, any topic...
Yep, late to the thread, appologies.

I find shaking fists at humanity to be a prime example of a useless waste of time, and therefore don't take part. I'm willing to offer a shaking head occasionally, and perhaps a smirk, but otherwise reserve my efforts for more productive pursuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom