Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeS7

If you go to the mall, movie theater, grocery store, park, office you can do the same. At what point does the line get drawn. Short of locking everyone in their homes everyone faces this risk. Of course by practicing good hygiene the risk can be minimized, which is exactly what many companies are promoting right now.
I'd say drawing the line at stuff that isn't essential (such as a trip to WDW) would be a good place to start...

JoeCamel

Right now I think this is an opportunity to experience lower crowds at WDW!

Of course you must be in the no risk group; healthy, young adult with no medical conditions, no kids, no elderly folks at home etc.

Even in the unlikely event you get sick, there is little risk of any harm to you, you will recover, and you will not bring harm to anyone when you self isolate at home after returning from WDW.

So for all of you in that no risk group, have fun and go to WDW!!!!

How does the fact that some colleges and universities have gone to online only in the last few days fit into your logic? Those are primarily people in the low risk categories right?

Lilofan

If you go to the mall, movie theater, grocery store, park, office you can do the same. At what point does the line get drawn. Short of locking everyone in their homes everyone faces this risk. Of course by practicing good hygiene the risk can be minimized, which is exactly what many companies are promoting right now.
We can all practice what we are supposed to do to protect ourselves but in reality all it takes is someone who is a carrier passing the virus in the air or contaminating a surface that afterwards someone touches and then all bets are off.

LukeS7

Why can't people carry on their normal life during this event? Should I be one of the morons that are stocking up on TP because of unjustified fear? Has society collapsed?
And this is why we're screwed on this as a country.

"Why should I change anything I do to potentially help keep someone else who could die from this from catching it?"

God forbid you change certain aspects of your life to help someone else. My highly religious parents went out of their way to skip church this week because both of them are in their 60's and my father has pre-existing conditions. He's working from home currently, but there are people who don't have the same ability to do so. But sure, your vacation is more important.

Last edited:

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Why can't people carry on their normal life during this event? Should I be one of the morons that are stocking up on TP because of unjustified fear? Has society collapsed?
We can all practice what we are supposed to do to protect ourselves but in reality all it takes is someone who is a carrier passing the virus in the air or contaminating a surface that afterwards someone touches and then all bets are off.

It would take prevention on a massive scale to have any real impact. We were talking about that at work earlier. Even if we did all the right things, it won't matter if our mail carrier does not, or our food handler does not, or our coworker, or the daycare worker at our kids school.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
And this is why we're screwed on this as a country.

"Why should I change anything I do to potentially help keep someone else who could die from this from catching it?"

God forbid you change certain aspects of your life to help someone else. My highly religious parents went out of their way to skip church this week because both of them are in their 60's and my father has pre-exisitng conditions. He's working from home currently, but there are people who don't have the same ability to do so. But sure, your vacation is more important.

Stop, they're going to mention the flu or heart disease or airline crashes or getting hit by a dropped piano.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Using that logic I should never getting into an automobile because even though I use my seatbelt, someone else may crash into me.

You currently have a better chance at getting injured or killed in car crashes than getting the flu or CV-19.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
Stop, they're going to mention the flu or heart disease or airline crashes or getting hit by a dropped piano.

Using that logic I should never getting into an automobile because even though I use my seatbelt, someone else may crash into me.

You currently have a better chance at getting injured or killed in car crashes than getting the flu or CV-19.

Gee, that was fast! Just switch out planes for automobiles. And maybe trains, later.

Parker in NYC

Original Poster
In - DUH-viduals. I'm not talking about becoming the Borg collective, but being self-aware and understanding how your choices impact others (aka emotional intelligence) is quite lacking these days.

There are a lot of folks here who think they're the Borg Queen.

LukeS7

This is just plain false. There are 34 million flu cases this flu season, on low estimate, in the US. There are appoximately 6 million car crashes in the US per year. You're not even as likely to be involved at all (injured, dead, or otherwise) in a car accident as you are to get the flu.

Source: https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

Lirael

a) If halting aspects of your normal life for a period of time helps diminish spreading to people who can die from this... you should;
b) there is a difference between halting certain aspects of your life and stocking enough TP to last you months. If you can't see the difference I weep for you;
c) Not yet, but if everyone had your thought process and lack of empathy it would have

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom