Coronado Springs veterans - what would you do?

jasmine217

Original Poster
I have an upcoming trip to CS for July 16-21 and have a bit of a dilemma in regards to my room request strategy. My dilemma basically being that I have no strategy. It's just my husband and I celebrating our anniversary, and we've selected a standard view room with two queens (free dining promotion). Never stepped foot onto CS before, and I have made no room requests of any kind at this point.

I got the "start your check-in now" email this morning since we are now 29 days out, and I am seriously debating forgoing the early check-in and just checking in upon arrival and inquiring with the CM about a room close to transportation. Since we have no mobility issues or special requirements, I figure we may even have a chance (however slight!) of an upgrade if we keep our requests simple and just check in onsite. We also will be arriving super early, like 9:15 AM, so I don't see online check-in benefiting us anyway since a room is unlikely to be ready that early.

Does this seem like an okay strategy given our circumstances? Or, do you have a suggestion for a good building or section of the resort to request? We are super excited to experience a new resort and all the new amenities, even if we end up with a parking lot view!

nickys

Premium Member
I have an upcoming trip to CS for July 16-21 and have a bit of a dilemma in regards to my room request strategy. My dilemma basically being that I have no strategy. It's just my husband and I celebrating our anniversary, and we've selected a standard view room with two queens (free dining promotion). Never stepped foot onto CS before, and I have made no room requests of any kind at this point.

I got the "start your check-in now" email this morning since we are now 29 days out, and I am seriously debating forgoing the early check-in and just checking in upon arrival and inquiring with the CM about a room close to transportation. Since we have no mobility issues or special requirements, I figure we may even have a chance (however slight!) of an upgrade if we keep our requests simple and just check in onsite. We also will be arriving super early, like 9:15 AM, so I don't see online check-in benefiting us anyway since a room is unlikely to be ready that early.

Does this seem like an okay strategy given our circumstances? Or, do you have a suggestion for a good building or section of the resort to request? We are super excited to experience a new resort and all the new amenities, even if we end up with a parking lot view!

Rooms are allocated around 5 days ahead of your arrival. So if you do want to request anything, like near the buses (doesn’t CSR have multiple bus stops), you may as well note it ahead of time. I would just call in and request that. Otherwise they have nothing to go on.

If you don’t like what you end up with, there is nothing to stop you asking at the front desk if there is anything else available that better fits your request.

daisyduckie

CSR has 4 bus stops, so you never have that long of a walk to a bus stop.

I've stayed at CSR many times, and typically request building #4. It is very close to the first bus stop picked up and dropped off from the parks, has a quite pool right next to it, and the work out room is there as well. It is also not that far of a walk from the food and gift shops.

LeighM

I don't know if the bus stop routes will change after the tower is open but right now the order is Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas, Lobby. If you request Casita 4 or 5 you will be very close to the current first bus pick up/drop off. If you get Ranchos, it's currently the second stop and closer to the Dig Site main pool and the addition of the bridges over the lake make for a quick walk to the lobby. I've never stayed in the Cabanas section.

bee

Coronado is my favorite moderate resort and I've stayed in every section. My favorite section is the Ranchos because they feel the most secluded, and as @LeighM mentioned the bridges connecting the different parts of the resort will make the walk to the amenities shorter. At most Disney resorts you are unlikely to get an upgrade these days as they are all booked near capacity the majority of the time. I would request "near transportation" if that's most important to you.

jasmine217

Original Poster
Thanks for the sound advice, everyone! I'm leaning towards requesting the Casitas section based on proximity to the first bus stop. We stayed similarly close to the first bus stop at Riverside, and we loved it. @bee, the Ranchos look so cool to me though. I have to say that's the section that looks the most appealing to me!

LeighM

Thanks for the sound advice, everyone! I'm leaning towards requesting the Casitas section based on proximity to the first bus stop. We stayed similarly close to the first bus stop at Riverside, and we loved it. @bee, the Ranchos look so cool to me though. I have to say that's the section that looks the most appealing to me!

We preferred Ranchos as well. But we were put in Casitas section this year because they were putting the cheerleaders in the Ranchos section. Casitas is very nice with all of the fountains and courtyards.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
We've stayed at CSR a few times, and frankly, I don't know what the Tower is going to do to the bus situation.

Personally, I think I'd wait for a few months to see how the tower affects the buses.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Rooms are allocated around 5 days ahead of your arrival

What? When my girlfriend and I stayed for 6 nights (pre-planned by a few months), they wouldn't accommodate us a 7th night because we "left the hotel for the airport". (actually, correction, they would accomodate us for 600 a night in a suite when we were doing 200 in a normal room)

Our flight was scheduled to leave the day of the tragedy at Orlando International in early February, which is why we couldn't leave the day we originally scheduled to do so.

I guess I should be counting my blessings. I wouldn't have discovered the much better service we received at Dolphin for around the same price.

nickys

Premium Member
What? When my girlfriend and I stayed for 6 nights (pre-planned by a few months), they wouldn't accommodate us a 7th night because we "left the hotel for the airport". (actually, correction, they would accomodate us for 600 a night in a suite when we were doing 200 in a normal room)

Our flight was scheduled to leave the day of the tragedy at Orlando International in early February, which is why we couldn't leave the day we originally scheduled to do so.

I guess I should be counting my blessings. I wouldn't have discovered the much better service we received at Dolphin for around the same price.

I don’t quite see what that has to with room allocation though?

So today the room assignees will be looking at those due to arrive in 5 days time and those checking out and provisionally matching available rooms to those checking in, whilst trying to accommodate any room requests.

DisneyGigi

Do not do online check in. Wait, get there early and speak to a person. If you do online check in, some things cannot be changed. This August will be our 7th stay there and we know the front desk well! (They are amazing btw) Make whatever requests you can online, but do not do the online check in, trust me. ;) I like Casitas 2 and Cabanas the best. Ranchos are okay, but prefer the other two over them. Casitas, and Cabanas have King beds, Casitas 1, 2 are preferred, I believe and Cabanas are water view. (Some)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom