Coronado Spring Ranchos Remodeled Rooms Open

mrace222

Original Poster
Just checked in to Coronado Springs and was told I was to be one of the first to see the new rooms which just opened. These pics are from the Rancho's section 7A. Enjoy! Rooms are very nice and modern and follow the pattern of other recently renovated rooms.

Buzz2001

These rooms have been opened for a few months now. You may have gotten one of the water damaged rooms that had to be redone. Maybe that is what the CM meant. Cabana 8a is also open. Thanks for sharing

Club34

These rooms have been opened for a few months now. You may have gotten one of the water damaged rooms that had to be redone. Maybe that is what the CM meant. Cabana 8a is also open. Thanks for sharing

buzz, any word on the next building going under the knife...or hammer? i check in less than 30 days and i am hoping for a walk in shower room. just trying to see what my odds are.

aladdin2007

I'm so disappointed that WDW has opted for the sterile, soulless look. Indistinguishable from any chain motel at twice the cost. And I'll bet all the families with small kids won't be thrilled with the lack of a tub in the bathroom.

agree, theming is gone and sterile cold cell block like room is now the in-thing, which is very sad. Disney keeps removing the Disney from Disney. They have voided the magic right out the door.

jaklgreen

I like the Coco pictures but if it wasn't for them, you would never know that this was a WDW resort room. I also like the pocket door in the bathroom making more space in the room.

Buzz2001

This should be the finished product. The one difference from the model room is they decided to but the room fan back.

1f8q49.jpg

COProgressFan

@Buzz2001 - during the refurb, did they keep the carpet or are they going to a linoleum type flooring like at POP?

@GCTales They are going with wood flooring.

While the recent room remodels in various resorts have eliminated carpet, none of them have installed wood floors.

The flooring installed is LVT, (luxury vinyl tiles) which are essentially vinyl strips which have a (very convincing) wood-grain pattern that are adhered to the concrete subfloor. These should be easier to clean for Disney, but there are concerns about noise and comfort vs. carpet.

AndrewsJ

I am at Coronado Springs now. Casitas 1-3 is like a war zone but still housing guests. If you’ve booked a preferred king or requested Casitas 1-3 within the next month I would recommend reconsidering. The tower construction isn’t bad but the refurb work is loud and many walkways are blocked making it kind of difficult to get to el centro.

I did just tour one of the refurbed suites, just completed the last few day, next to the convention center and OMG. Absolutely beautiful. No pictures were allowed unfortunately. Completely different look than the refurbed room right next to it. It was absolutely first class.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom