Coronado- better than C. Beach?

Grim Grinner

My wife and I have stayed at Caribbean Beach for every one of our trips. She expressed interest in Coronado and was wondering what the pros & cons of staying there are.

How are the pools, distance to bus stops (and the lines to get onto those buses...)

My wife said no to a trip this year, but there's a chance I can get her to change her mind.

ImaYoyo

My wife and I have stayed at Caribbean Beach for every one of our trips. She expressed interest in Coronado and was wondering what the pros & cons of staying there are.

How are the pools, distance to bus stops (and the lines to get onto those buses...)

My wife said no to a trip this year, but there's a chance I can get her to change her mind.
I've never been a big fan of CBR, but I LOVE coronado. I think the Dig Site is amazing, and they have a great pool bar. The Maya Grill is one of the most under-rated restaurants on property. Not to say it's the best, or most spectacular, it's just one of the most under-rated. I give it 4/5 for the food, 3/5 for the theming, and 4/5 for the service. As far as the resort goes, I usually stay in the Ranchos (in the rear) because I enjoy the theming of that particular section. That being noted, since I'm a local, I bring my car so I do not have to wait for Disney Transportation. If I were taking Disney Transportation, I would probably prefer the casitas (which have some GORGEOUS fountain and courtyard views).

Of the moderates, it's a draw for me between the Magnolia Bend section of POR and the Ranchos section of CSR for my choice for #1.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you like CB you will like CS. With the exception of the values you wont find 2 more similar resorts at WDW when it comes to layout. Both are huge resorts designed around a central lake. Bus stops are scattered throughout at CS just like CB (I believe they both have 5). IMHO I like CS slightly more than CB but just barely and that is purely on theming.

Upvote 0

parker kim

Hi we have stayed at both and I loved CSR excepted for the food. I fell the CSR is nicer and more beautiful than CBR, but the CBR has much better food.So if you don't eat much at your resort than for sure CSR. But if you are planning on eatting there often than maybe stick with CBR. The only place at CSR I thought did have good food was the pool bar the nachos were the best I ever had. try CSR maybe you'll like the food there or decide to eat some were eles. Its just beautiful there good luck :dazzle:

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I LOVE Coronado. The ONLY problem I have with it is the "food court," Pepper Market, which has a very obnoxious set-up where you are forced to wait to be seated and forced to pay a gratuity. Not my idea of a food court, personally. If they fixed that, it would be the best Moderate. It's a gorgeous resort.

Upvote 0

krueg66

I've never been a big fan of CBR, but I LOVE coronado. I think the Dig Site is amazing, and they have a great pool bar. The Maya Grill is one of the most under-rated restaurants on property. Not to say it's the best, or most spectacular, it's just one of the most under-rated. I give it 4/5 for the food, 3/5 for the theming, and 4/5 for the service. As far as the resort goes, I usually stay in the Ranchos (in the rear) because I enjoy the theming of that particular section. That being noted, since I'm a local, I bring my car so I do not have to wait for Disney Transportation. If I were taking Disney Transportation, I would probably prefer the casitas (which have some GORGEOUS fountain and courtyard views).

Of the moderates, it's a draw for me between the Magnolia Bend section of POR and the Ranchos section of CSR for my choice for #1.

The pool bar is cool? My wife and I are heading there on Friday for a long weekend...does it stay open late like the bar at Carribean???

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

The pool bar is cool? My wife and I are heading there on Friday for a long weekend...does it stay open late like the bar at Carribean???
I'm not sure how late it's open. The latest I've been to it was 10PM. Great finger foods and very friendly bartenders. No, George, Laura and Dana, not as friendly as you... ;)

Upvote 0

HunnyPot

We've stayed at both and liked both resorts, although we prefer CBR to CSR. Mainly because IMHO the food court is much better at CBR and we use the food courts a lot while there. As for beauty, CSR wins hands down. Our room was also a little bigger at CBR.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

We've stayed at both and liked both resorts, although we prefer CBR to CSR. Mainly because IMHO the food court is much better at CBR and we use the food courts a lot while there. As for beauty, CSR wins hands down. Our room was also a little bigger at CBR.

I prefer the CBR as well, especially the background music, and the general ambiance and food court especially. As far as layout, the two resorts are really very siimlar in their construction. But I always like to try new resorts, even if you find one you like! So GO FOR IT!

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
Thanks for your views on Coronado Springs Resort. I'm still torn and where to stay. Both sound wonderful...

The wife really wants to stay there, but I'm sentimental about CBR. (That's my home away from home).

With all the glowing praise, I might be able to convince her. We're having "our talk" about Disney tonight. We're in the process of re-siding our house, so money is tight. However, it's been 3 years without my WDW fix and I'm going absolutely batty.

It sounds like I have some tough decisions, but your answers have helped out a lot.

Thanks again...

Upvote 0

bhg469

Something that always brings me back to Coronado is the transportation. It is hands down the best out of any resort. If you plan on using the busses to get around you cannot find any better than this resort. People tend to complain about the set up of the food court but if you take your food back to your room or eat outside you dont have to pay gratuity, just an FYI for you. Next time i go back it will be coronado again, CBR was way too loud and the busses were always jam packed.

Upvote 0

Grim Grinner

Original Poster
I'm proud to anounce that the wife and I have booked out trip. I owe you folks a debt of thanks for helping me convince her to let us go.

We'll be gone Sept. 22-29, and will be staying at Coronado Springs w/the Meal Plan.

I can hardly wait, although it's something like 134 days away...

If my research is correct, SpaceShip Earth will be the only major ride down during that time.

I am so excited, especially since there so much new stuff since I was there in 2004. Everest... drool...

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

Caribbean Beach was our home too. We vacationed 12 separate times there, sometimes booking as many as 9 rooms for a family reunion (even though we all live in the same county in NJ--haha).

But we have since moved on to Yacht Club. Despite Caribbean being our sentimental favorite, we have different vacation interests and expectations now, and for our preferences, we had to make a change.

And we loved the change, it reinvigorated the whole Disney feel. My point is that Caribbean will always be your favorite, but it's okay to stay elsewhere and enjoy it (b/c you will). I'd have no problem staying at Caribbean Beach again. Besides, we always stop over for a dinner at the food court and a lazy walk over to "our room" in Aruba (5256). My best Disney memories reside there, b/c that was the Resort my sister and I grew up at.

Enjoy Coronado, and let us know how it was. I've never been.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

CBR was our first on-site hotel. We liked it a lot and stayed there again the next year. After a couple of spins at the Contemporary and one at the Grand Floridian, we've settled on the Wildernesss Lodge as our home.

I prefer Carribean themeing to southwest and also think the food court is better at CBR.

But CS is newer.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom