Coral Reef...up against the glass.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get a "window" seat there? LIke request it when I get there, and that I am willing to wait longer than I might normally have too? Slip someone a $20? Any suggestions?

nolatron

You can always make requests, but there's no guarantee for them.

The wife and I ate there once and got lucky and scored a glass seat (didn't even request it).

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Ive eaten there 2 times...Once on the deck, the last trip on glass with no request. My girl and I are going and I want to overwhelm her the whole trip and that would for sure add to it.

WickedQueen22

Make the first ADR of the day. We went at 11:30am and we were the 3rd family in. Great tank side seats too! They fill from the tank back (don't quote me it was just what we saw) I don't know if they close for an hour or two between lunch and dinner but I am sure when you call for your ADR they can tell you.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Make the first ADR of the day. We went at 11:30am and we were the 3rd family in. Great tank side seats too! They fill from the tank back (don't quote me it was just what we saw) I don't know if they close for an hour or two between lunch and dinner but I am sure when you call for your ADR they can tell you.

1:40PM is my reservation...:shrug:

I'd just ask. DH and I got a table there next to the glass. It was also our honeymoon and I heard they try to put people there that are celebrating things.

bayoutinkbelle

I lucked out last summer when I asked for a tank-side table and was able to get it. Awesome seat and my son still comments about the fish that seemed to take a liking to him. It just hung there at the bottom next to his seat and it stared at him for most of our dinner, kinda like it was daring him to order a fish entree. He still talks about that meal.

I wasn't so lucky in October when I went with friends. I guess it's just ask and - if there's an available table - you can get it. Still, we had a great view of the tank sitting mid-level.

TinkerCarol

I got our window seat by contacting the manager at the Coral Reef and asking for the specialty menu (They will put your pictures and words on the menu just for you.) Also by asking for a diver to hold a sign up for you and you guests gets you a better chance at the window. I can't find the name and phone number right now for the manager at the Coral Reef. You may be able to get it by calling Disney. Or maybe someone else has it and can post it. Found it!! Call Debbie at 407-560-6856. I think that is the correct #. Ask for the special menu with pictures and a diver. It is so fun! Good luck!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Is it extra to have the menu with pictures and a diver? What exactly is all of it? Its 3am and I may just not be taking it all in right now!

CatsMeow

Newbie to these boards, but not to WDW! :) We have sat both near the glass and in booths at the Coral Reef. The tables were small-ish as I recall and quite close together. It is nice to be so close to the glass, but IMHO, it is better to be a little further away for a good perspective. Just my two cents....and I believe that smaller parties have a better chance of sitting closer to the glass; I do not remember seeing many larger tables there. We did not request our seating; I'm sure you can do that, though.

TinkerCarol

No, it is not extra for the pictures on the menu and the diver. But you do have to call ahead of time. The tables directly up to the glass seat up to 4 people. Right behind them are booths that seat more people. It is only a few feet back from the glass.

primetime52

From what I've heard, if you make an ADR early and specifically ask for tankside, they will do whatever they can to fulfill your request.

I've eaten at the Coral Reef twice in my life: Once as a walk in and another time after making an ADR a day or 2 in advance. Both times I sat tank side. The first time was obviously by sheer luck, and the second time came after politely begging for a tank side table.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom