COP Update Idea

Maerj

Original Poster
COP is a classic attraction that a lot of people love but at the same time needs to be updated. I was thinking that a slight rethemeing would also help.

As it is now, we see a family going through different decades during the 20th century showing changes to how they live each time. The problem with this is the final scene that's is supposed to be the 90's. People want to see that updated to be present day.

The ride should be rethemed to show the affects of a major invention or technological breakthrough and how it improves their lives. The first could be electricity. The next segment could be centered around communications technology, telephone, the television or radio. Maybe then computers and the internet? It should also be made clear that we are seeing different generations experiencing these enhancements. I don't think that it would take too much to enhance the attraction like this and as long as its mae clear that we are seeing different points in history, the need to keep updating the final scene would be gone since the focus would be less of the time periods and more on the inventions.

Afterwards there should be a walk through post show where guests can see glimpses of what may come in the future or even help design future inventions themselves.

jt04

COP is a classic attraction that a lot of people love but at the same time needs to be updated. I was thinking that a slight rethemeing would also help.

As it is now, we see a family going through different decades during the 20th century showing changes to how they live each time. The problem with this is the final scene that's is supposed to be the 90's. People want to see that updated to be present day.

The ride should be rethemed to show the affects of a major invention or technological breakthrough and how it improves their lives. The first could be electricity. The next segment could be centered around communications technology, telephone, the television or radio. Maybe then computers and the internet? It should also be made clear that we are seeing different generations experiencing these enhancements. I don't think that it would take too much to enhance the attraction like this and as long as its mae clear that we are seeing different points in history, the need to keep updating the final scene would be gone since the focus would be less of the time periods and more on the inventions.

Afterwards there should be a walk through post show where guests can see glimpses of what may come in the future or even help design future inventions themselves.

I actually like this idea a lot. The last time I saw the show it seemed a bit tired and I think a rewritting as you suggest could keep the attraction fresh.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom