Contemporary Room--Tower vs. Atrium Club Level?

lincolnryan

Original Poster
Ok, thanks to this forum's help, I have narrowed down the hotel to the Contemporary. Now my dilemma has to do with the rooms.

Tower Rooms: We ruled out the Garden Wing because we wanted a balcony, so now we're between the Theme Park view and the Lagoon. I think we're going to go with the lake view because I'm not sure the noise level on the Theme Park view would make up for the ability to see the fireworks. Would you guys agree? Or am I missing something?

With regard to the Tower Rooms, any other tips for those that I should be aware of?

Club Level: A few years back we stayed at Club Level in the Polynesian and loved it (I wasn't paying, heh heh). I priced out the club level for the "Standard Room-Atrium Club Level" and it's only about $466 more than the "Tower Room with Lagoon view" (for the entire trip). On the one hand, it's kinda nice to have that option available. On the other hand, justifying expenses that way is how I spend too much money :)

So any thoughts on this Atrium Club Level?

Thanks,

Tuvalu

Premium Member
To clarify ~
Tower rooms are either MK theme park view (which also overlook the parking lot and Seven Seas Lagoon beyond the parking lot) or Bay Lake View. Theme park view rooms are not any noisier than lake view, unless you happen to be on the 5th floor directly beneath the monorail or near Chef Mickey's. But even then the noise is not bad.

Club rooms will have either view so you should do the math to see if you would eat/drink as much as the upcharge will cost you.

lincolnryan

Original Poster
To clarify ~
Tower rooms are either MK theme park view (which also overlook the parking lot and Seven Seas Lagoon beyond the parking lot) or Bay Lake View. Theme park view rooms are not any noisier than lake view, unless you happen to be on the 5th floor directly beneath the monorail or near Chef Mickey's. But even then the noise is not bad.

Club rooms will have either view so you should do the math to see if you would eat/drink as much as the upcharge will cost you.

So if you're in the tower, then you want to be higher up then to avoid being too close to the monorail or chef mickey's? Which rooms are right by where the monorail comes in? I haven't been to CR in years and am unsure of the layout.

The club level sounds nice for breakfast, snacks, and adult beverages but not sure if it's worth it.

ChazDiz1971

My family has stayed in the Atrium Club Level twice, if it is not a financial hardship, I would highly recommend it. I personally enjoy the complimentary adult beverages prior to an evening in the MK, or any park for that matter. Between breakfast for your family, snacks, and even utilizing the lounge for a meal, the cost savings can be tremendous! We have a family of five, breakfast anywhere on Disney property is a minimum of $10 pp/meals are a minimum of $15 pp/beer for Daddy - well I wont even go there/wine for Mommy - it all adds up. I have successfully talked myself into upgrading on our next trip. Do it!

lincolnryan

Original Poster
My family has stayed in the Atrium Club Level twice, if it is not a financial hardship, I would highly recommend it. I personally enjoy the complimentary adult beverages prior to an evening in the MK, or any park for that matter. Between breakfast for your family, snacks, and even utilizing the lounge for a meal, the cost savings can be tremendous! We have a family of five, breakfast anywhere on Disney property is a minimum of $10 pp/meals are a minimum of $15 pp/beer for Daddy - well I wont even go there/wine for Mommy - it all adds up. I have successfully talked myself into upgrading on our next trip. Do it!

Thanks for the post. Did you still get the meal plan? I'm looking at the middle range plan of 1 sit-down and 1-quick serve. My only hesitation with club level is that it'd be overkill.

MaryJaneP

We have never been Atrium Level, but been both Garden Wing and Theme Park Tower multiple times, on all different floors in the tower and in the Garden Wing. Never really noticed noise but we were rarely in our room as we were usually in a park. We have been right above Chef Mickey's and Monorail and again, these did not cause us any noise problems as we weren't there during their most active times. If we could afford it, we might try Atrium, so if you can afford it, why not?

ChazDiz1971

Thanks for the post. Did you still get the meal plan? I'm looking at the middle range plan of 1 sit-down and 1-quick serve. My only hesitation with club level is that it'd be overkill.

Our family has never utilized the Dining Plan, we tend to be very frugal when it comes to food. Given the number of times we have been, we know where to get the least expensive meals.

rob0519

We've stayed at CR multiple times, mostly all park view, never lower than the 7th floor and multiple times on Club Level. If you open the balcony door, yes you will hear the ferry and train whistles as well as the buses. That noise is all part of the charm for me. The only time I had an issue authorise was one year when we tried a room facing Bay Lake. It was in April, probably the last week of Spring Break or the first week after it. During the day, Radio Disney music wad blasting from the speakers at the pool. It was most noise I ever heard st the CR. Fortunately, I was Alberto pay the difference and move to a park view room. I would move my vacation before I would book a lake view room. Just my opinion.

lincolnryan

Original Poster
I just noticed on this page that it talks about how if a coupon comes out, they are not applicable (or at least haven't been this last year) to theme park view Contemporary rooms.

http://.com/free-dining-or-room-only-discount/

Is that true to anyone's knowledge?

rob0519

We've gotten room only discounts at the CR at different times. Since we need two rooms, it works out better for us than free dining.

totaldisneygirl

Just got back from the CR! We stayed in the Tower with a Bay Lake view and it was absolutely perfect for us! We basically only slept in the room though, nothing more. We've never stayed club before but I would most definitely LOVE to hear all about it! Great resort choice by the way! It is my absolute favorite

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom