Contemporary Room Refurb

MicBat

Original Poster
Anyone here know if all the rooms have been refurbed at the Contemporary? I know all of the tower is complete, but have the garden wings also been refurbed too??

Scooter

We stayed in The South Garden wing in October and the room was refurbished. Based on that, I'm asuming that all the rooms are done now.

EchoOfOphelia

If you go to disneyworld.com and look at the guest rooms of the Contemporary, there is a picture. I didn't realize the guest rooms were being re-done until I looked a minute ago, they look really neat!! I always wanted to stay here, but never did because the rooms were, well...ugly!

Might consider it next time :)

I wish they'd re-do the guest rooms in the Grand Floridian.. they're pretty ugly too.

Scooter

If you go to disneyworld.com and look at the guest rooms of the Contemporary, there is a picture. I didn't realize the guest rooms were being re-done until I looked a minute ago, they look really neat!! I always wanted to stay here, but never did because the rooms were, well...ugly!

I wish they'd re-do the guest rooms in the Grand Floridian.. they're pretty ugly too.

I've never NOT stayed in a Disney resort because the rooms were too ugly.
I have, however not stayed in other hotel/motel rooms because the rooms were too dirty.

I can't imagine ANY Disney Resort room bing too ugly..least of all The Grand Floridian.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Hauntsberg

I've had the chance to stay at The Contemporary Resort on several occasions and although I didn't like the decor of the rooms I really enjoyed everything else about this resort and the location to MK was great. On my most recent trip to Disney in November I stayed in one of the Tower Rooms, just a regular tower room not concierge and was very surprised to find a computer in our room. I was told all the rooms are now equipped with computers. Does anyone know if this just applies to Tower Rooms or Garden Wings as well?

Scooter

I've had the chance to stay at The Contemporary Resort on several occasions and although I didn't like the decor of the rooms I really enjoyed everything else about this resort and the location to MK was great. On my most recent trip to Disney in November I stayed in one of the Tower Rooms, just a regular tower room not concierge and was very surprised to find a computer in our room. I was told all the rooms are now equipped with computers. Does anyone know if this just applies to Tower Rooms or Garden Wings as well?

We stayed in the South wing in December and yes, we had a computer in the room. It wasn't there one day, but it was the next. They slipped a note under our door that said they were testing a new internet program and we got to use the computer and got high speed internet for free all week. So I'm assuming the computers are in all the rooms now.

Space Mountain

picky, aren't we?

EchoOfOphelia

I honestly didn't intend to stir things up, I just don't care for the decor of the rooms! I figure if you're going to spring that much money to stay there, you should enjoy your room, that's all. I apologize if I offended anyone. I think that when I choose a resort to stay in, I look at the website and people's opinions on them, and take all things into account, including the room decor, and if I don't like it, I simply choose to stay at a different one. Again, I apologize.

lilclerk

Again, I apologize.

Wow, you should not have to apologize for not liking the decor of a hotel room. To each their own, people. That's the beauty of Disney, there's something for everyone.

Also, I just checked out some photos of the GF rooms on allears.net and I gotta say, I didn't really like 'em either. :shrug: I'd rather stay in WL or one of the PO resorts.

Wow, you should not have to apologize for not liking the decor of a hotel room. To each their own, people. That's the beauty of Disney, there's something for everyone.

Also, I just checked out some photos of the GF rooms on allears.net and I gotta say, I didn't really like 'em either. :shrug: I'd rather stay in WL or one of the PO resorts.

Blasphemy! How dare you think something of Disney's is ugly or not to your preference! :fork:

:rolleyes:

EchoOfOphelia

yeah, I wasn't apologizing for my feelings, just if they were taken in the wrong way. I think a big part of choosing a resort is the "its beautiful/its fun" factor and for me, the room is a big part of that. GF is too expensive to not be happy with your choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom